Jump to content

Maddog Manufacturing Now Open for 2022


Recommended Posts

I know it's been awhile since the new year began, but I gave my workers an extended holiday to work off or sleep off the effects of the holiday celebrations! 

 

Now they are back and rarin' to go so all aboard the trams for the first tour of Maddog Manufacturing. Our first stop will be in the hanger....

 

 

This first one is a model that had been so close to finishing but didn't quite make it for last year's count. Here is what has been done since. The engines and propellers were painted:

 

full

 

After that I applied the ancient decals. You can see what issues they presented. This side chipped a bit while being adjusted:

 

full

 

The other side went on better... at least in regards to entirety:

 

full

 

After poking holes and many judicious applications of Solvaset;  and later light applications of Tamiya Extra Thin; I got these looking fairly acceptable, at least for me considering the age of this kit. I later went back and painted white over the chipped areas to make the lettering complete again and painted blue over the areas that still looked too silvered:

 

full

 

full

 

Once that was done, I added the wing to the fuselage:

 

full

 

After that I installed the engines and the tail skid and let them dry:

 

full

 

Now that the wheels have been added, this bird is done! Pics forthcoming....

 

 

Next I started on the Marine Corps Harrier AV-8B Plus by painting and decaling the cockpit:

 

full

 

Later I closed it up. This bird needed a little convincing:

 

full

 

It was convinced! The joint of that fuselage looks great. I then added the horizontal tail surfaces:

 

full

 

Next I decided to save some time later by adding all the underwing pylons:

 

full

 

This is just a test fit to see how well the wings fit:

 

full

 

I love the fit; this is one well engineered model! 

 

 

Next I started with one of my Christmas presents, the Japanese U-125. I assembled and painted the cockpit and rear crew seats, painted the tires, and added the clear parts to the interior of the fuselage halves:

 

full

 

Most of the smaller windows fell back inside the plane once I got it closed up, I'll have to use Testor's Window Maker to replace them once this bird is painted. 

 

Then I assembled the wing and engines:

 

full

 

full

 

This was a dry-fit here to see what joint issues I was going to have. After all, this is a Sword kit:

 

full

 

Later on I glued it into place, installed the main windscreen and added Tamiya putty to the seams where it needed it. Here you can see it after I started to sand it:

 

full

 

That's gonna take a bit more work later but I'm pleased with the progress.

 

Finally I got some progress done on a project that had been languishing for far too long. For some reason every time I tried to make progress, I only did a tiny bit of work; if anything, and back to the box it went. No longer! I pulled out this little Japanese Observation helicopter and started by painting the assembled cockpit:

 

full

 

When it was dry, I added the instrument panel decals:

 

full

 

While they dried, I painted the rotor blades and the tires, and assembled the underwing stores:

 

full

 

Once that was dry, I built the main rotor:

 

full

 

And finally I got this bird all closed up! To help it stand properly I assembled and installed the landing gear as well as built and installed the engines:

 

full

 

And that concludes our tour of the hanger, next stop is the motor pool....

 

 

 

There's not much activity here so this portion of the tour will be fairly quick. To start with, some of my crew were bored so they did a quick build of this little Russian M-30 Howitzer:

 

full

 

Yeah, that is done. Now time to paint it...

 

Next I started the other Christmas present, the M-1134 Stryker. 

 

First was the hull which went fast since Dragon had already molded the suspension on the bottom:

 

full

 

Then I built the Anti-tank Guided Weapon turret:

 

full

 

This is where it is now, almost all assembled minus a few of the more breakable detail parts. This little thing is ready for paint already:

 

full

 

Another one that I wanted to make progress on was my British FV-432 with the Rarden turret. First, I assembled the tracks, all but the bottom most run on the jig provided:

 

full

 

While they were drying, I added the road wheels to the hull:

 

full

 

Later on, I added the tracks; finishing off the bottom run, then added all the final detail parts that weren't breakable. Now this little vehicle is ready for paint:

 

full

 

full

 

 

That concludes the motor pool portion of our tour, so on to the shipyards. This will be pretty short as well given that the Izumo already launched..

 

In the shipyards here the HMS Kelly is coming together nicely with all it's extremely rough detail...

 

I added all the extra little parts like gun directors, anti-aircraft guns, some boats, and searchlights among others:

 

full

 

Later on that slipped right into the assembled hull where I glues it into place. Yes, the torpedo tubes and main guns are moveable:

 

full

 

This little thing is ready for paint now.

 

After that, I got the Higgins boat all finished up. This one is ready for paint as well:

 

full

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...