The Duke's 2021 Year in Review

Mark Deliduka

Here they are in the order they are shown in my Completed Models Gallery, starting in January. I''ll be posting the pics that look the best so some will be different:

Australian M-113 APC:
full

Russian BTR-70 Early:
full

Russian BTR-70 Late:
full

Ukrainian BTR-3K:
full

US Army M-5 Stuart:
full

US Army M-551 Sheridan:
full

Israeli M-51 Isherman:
full

Now in February, I completed just this one:

US Army O-1 Bird Dog:
full

In March, I completed these:

Canadian Leopard 1A3:
full

Russian 2S19 MSTA:
full

US Army D-9 Bulldozer:
full

In April I completed these:

Russian BRDM-1 with AT-1 Snapper ATGW:
full

US Army (captured) Olympia Sedan:
full

Skipping ahead to June where I had a really productive month. I completed all these:

British FV-432 APC:
full

British Chieftain Mk.5:
full

British Chieftain Mk.10:
full

British Chieftain Mk.11:
full

British WWI era Type B Omnibus "Ole Bill":
full

British Type B Omnibus LGOC:
full

US Army M-109A2 Paladin:
full

US Army M-109A6 Paladin:
full

Japanese WWII Isuzu Fuel Truck:
full

British WWI Mk.1 Female, Gaza Strip:
full

Israeli Nagmasho't Heavy APC:
full

Israeli Nagmashon Heavy APC:
full

Israeli Centurion Sho't Meteor:
full

My next one finished was in July:
My one and only 1/35th scale M-48A3 Patton tank built for the SoCal AMPS Patton Group Build:
full

The next one I completed was in September:
My 1/72 scale Antonov An-124 'Ruslan' NATO Code name: Condor:
full

In October I finished these:
US Army M-41 Walker Bulldog:
full

Australian Centurion Mk.5 LR:
full

British Centurion Mk.5:
full

British FV-4005 "JS Killer":
full

Finally in December I finished up all these to round out the year:
US Army M-1240 M-ATV:
full

French AMX VCI APC:
full

Japanese Type 96 Wheeled APC A:
full

Japanese Type 96 Wheeled APC B:
full

Italian Centauro B1T:
full

Israeli Centurion Sho't Kal Alef:
full

Fokker F-27 Friendship:
full

And finally, the JMSDF Carrier Izumo:
full

And that wraps up my 2021 modeling year. Forty models finished for the year; not bad, but still under my old average. Regardless, I'm thrilled to have gotten all these done!

Thank all for looking in, comments are welcome.

• Like 1

Thank you Paul. Yes, that Condor barely fits in my Hobby Room. No, it is from a relatively new company called Modelsvit. It is mostly short run, with resin coated fiberglass fuselage, wings and tail.

• Like 1

Oops! I forgot one that I'd finished last year. It is a real crappy job but at least this dog of a kit got done!

This is the IBG Diamond T Wrecker, poorly finished back in November... but finished:

full

full

full

Maybe someday I'll get another one and try again to do it right.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Mark, I love your builds.  I especially like your camouflage paint schemes like on the Ukrainian APC (that one is kind of pixelated unique looking 🙂 )  I love the Snoopy decal on the Australian APC.  However, I think your planes steal the show.  That Condor is awesome as is the F-27 Friendship.  Also, I really love the British double decker omnibusses, especially the one all decked out with the Wright's soap advertisement.  I also think that you nail your camouflage paint schemes like on your Japanese APCs and on the Paladins (I am wondering how you paint them).  All in all a very productive year it seems.  Keep up the great work! 🙂    

William, thanks for the compliment! I don't know how I missed your comment but I appreciate you posting. Hopefully I can maintain this momentum.

Ed, thanks! Wow, so much to respond to. The Ukrainian APC was simply basecoated; the pixilations were decals! That sure made it easy to do. I agree, the Condor is awesome; one of my biggest ever models I ever built. The two buses were fun, despite very fiddly parts, and I'm thrilled to have them done. All I need now is the Type B omnibus with the pigeon loft and I'll have every bus released by Roden. For the camouflage technique, see my Maddog Manufacturing thread, both last year and this year.