The Duke's Last Armor for 2021

Mark Deliduka

Finally, I can post the last armor I finished for this year. I actually completed six new models.

I'll start with this pig of a kit; the Galaxy Hobbies M-1240 M-ATV. This beast fought me the whole time, so it's not as good as it could've been.  I'm just so tired of dealing with it that I added all the last pieces; gave it a rough dusting and called it done:

full

full

full

Next up is my ACE 1/72 scale French AMX VCI personnel carrier. I'm not as thrilled with this as I hoped to be, but it looks good enough. My French Army has now taken delivery of this:

full'

full

full

Following that are my two Aoshima 1/72 scale Japanese personnel carriers. I didn't weather these with any dusting or anything; I just liked them the way they look now. They were cleaned up for a parade; that's my story and I'm sticking to it. I may do it later, but who knows?

This first one is the Japanese Type 96 Wheeled APC A, used by the regular army:

full

full

full

...followed by the Japanese Type 96 Wheeled APC B, used by the Rapid Deployment Force:

full

full

full

Essentially the main difference besides internal stuff is the -A model has the M-19 grenade launcher and the -B model has a Ma Deuce. Also, the main commander's hatch when opened has that lift up glass enclosure on both vehicles. That is why one has it and the other doesn't; I wanted to show the hatch both opened and closed. 

Moving on again, I completed my ACE 1/72 scale Italian B1T Centauro. I'm not too sure what the difference is in the B1T over the B-1, but someone said one was longer for some reason. Anyway, here it is:

full

full

full

Finally, my sixth armor model for this week is my ACE 1/72 scale Israeli Centurion Sho't Kal Alef. I am quite happy with this one and thrilled to have another Centurion variant in my Israeli Army:

full

full

full

And there they are, my last armor completed in 2021. Now to go post my year end review. 

Thanks for looking in, comments are welcome.

• 1 month later...

Nice builds!  How do you paint your camo schemes like on the Japanese Defense Forces APC's?  I would like to know because I think they are topnotch and I might like to use your know-how in some of my builds as well, like on two Spitfires I have in my stash.  Thanks! 🙂  

Thank you for the compliments Ed! I use Silly Putty on my models to camouflage; even aircraft. If you check out the Maddog Manufacturing thread, you'll see these and a couple others being masked with Silly Putty and sprayed.

Looking forward to seeing your spitfires.

Thanks for the tip, Mark.  Much appreciated.  I never would have thought to use silly putty but that is a great idea.  I used Tamiya tape on the sails of my Roman Warship that I have yet to post pictures of and the Italian Red paint leaked under the tape onto the "white" stripes.  I fixed it, but it was a bit of a mess and I am hesitant now to use Tamiya tape for masking, especially on camo schemes like for spitfires which are similar to your Japanese Defense Force APC's.  Where do you purchase the Silly Putty?  I remember that it used to come in eggs or something similar and in rather small amounts.  Can you reuse it by kneading it?  I need to hop over to the Maddog Manufacturing thread and check this out.  🙂  Thanks! 

No worries Ed. I probably should have been more specific with a link. It can be found under: "Model Building of All Kinds-Photography-Photos: On the Bench".

And to answer your questions: I purchased my Silly Putty at Target in the toy section. Walmart, Party City, Micheal's' all carry it too.

It does come in small eggs, I also bought my wife some L'eggs panty hose and used the big egg to contain five or six small pieces in one big ball. Yes, it can be re-used by kneading it. I've been using the same big ball of Silly Putty for about five years now and haven't needed to buy any more replacements (although I do have several eggs I haven't tapped) Given the amount of paint in mine it is getting a bit thicker and tougher to knead, but it is still good to use.

Good luck my friend!  I look forward to seeing more of your work.

Thanks for the info, Mark.  It is appreciated very much.  🙂 I think I will be purchasing some Silly Putty in the near future and, man, I think it is great that it is reusable.  Awesome 🙂