The Duke's Last Aircraft for 2021

Mark Deliduka

At the end of the year, I managed to finish eight models. See why I waited to post my Year End Review? 

Anyway, this is one of the eight finished.

This is my Fokker F-27 Friendship which is not finished but finished. The one propeller disappeared and only God knows where it is because I don't. Since everything else is done on this, I'm calling it done! I refuse to hold this until the propeller gets found; that might be years with my luck! 

Without further ado, here's my Fokker:

full

full

full

Interestingly enough, this is a 'distressed' kit I got in our December Distressed Kit Auction. and yes, it had the propeller when I got it. I had bid on three others before but was always outbid until this time. 

Thank you for looking in. Comments are welcome.

• 1 month later...

Despite the lack of a propeller, I think this build is beautiful.  The paint scheme is great!  I thought I noticed that the prop was missing, lol.  I still love it, though.  If you really want the propeller to paint and adhere to its engine and nacelle, why not take the time to write a letter to the manufacturer requesting the part (maybe include its number on the sprue if you still have it).  They might send you one.   Or, if you want, maybe make a bit of a diorama with it.  Maybe the left engine and prop is being worked on by the ground maintenance crew.  I don't know, just an idea.  I still think the model is well done, prop or no prop, lol 🙂 

Thank you Ed. Those are all great ideas. However,I don't want to write for another propeller since the one is still hiding somewhere in the Hobby Room. I figure it'll show up on one of my subsequent cleanup sprees.