Canopy Masks for the New ICM 1/48th Scale OV-10A Bronco

nmertes

I got the new ICM OV-10A Bronco from kitlinx.com last week.  It looks like it will go together well.  On page 24 of the instructions a drawing of canopy masks is shown.  Don't go looking for them.  I filled out a support form on the ICM website & got this response from them today:  

Dear Nick,

Thanks for your request.

They are mask templates in instruction that are just printed on paper. It is up to you to make a copy or cut them from the instructions and glue on the parts before painting.

Hope my info will help you.

Best regards, Daryna

Support manager

I'll be using Tamiya tape instead of "gluing" paper copies to the canopy.

• Like 1

While not as nice as getting the Kabuki masks from Eduard (precut or not), as long as they're accurate outlines that fit the clear pieces, you're a step ahead. Cut them out and use them as templates on your Tamiya tape!

Gil :cool:

You could actually coat one side of those cut out paper mask outlines  with Micro Liquid Tape and turn them into masks. Or as suggested above use them to make proper size masks of Tamiya tape.

It will probably be awhile before I get to it.  I also have the Testor’s kit and will probably build them together.  I’ve been in contact with the folks at SAC.  They’ll have a landing gear kit for it in February or March.

• Like 1