IPMS Journal

Just received the journal with the nationals winners in it. Such fantastic models. 
I have one question, category 293 is a soft skin category but a canon win! 
Just curious how can a canon win in a soft skin category?

Merry Christmas,

Mike

• Like 1

Hi Mike,

I've responded to your email. Unfortunately, mistakes happen. I've notified the NCC of this instance and hopefully we can catch these circumstances next year before judging.

Thanks for raising the event. 

Cheers,

John 

It was a fantastic issue! Ah, the memories it brought back! I'm also glad to see some models I hadn't known were there given how many were on the tables! Talk about sensory overload!

Thank you to Dem Brudders for showing my Antonov, that was unexpected! It did feel good to get that to the show and put on display.

I did notice however, that nobody from the Journal went in to shoot pics of the Reviewer Corps models. Those guys put a lot of effort into reviewing those models so the Society and other modelers can make more informed decisions when considering new purchases. Not to mention the benefit of Being able to see the models in person which we'd all read about in the reviews. I think that is a bad omission, but that is only my opinion. I'm sad that these reviewers did not get the recognition for the models they reviewed and brought in to show off.

Overall, I love this issue. I have a feeling I'll need to get a second one because I will be re-reading this so much I expect it to fall apart sometime later from all the handling!

Way to go Journal staff and Dem Brudders.

That is because they weren't in the contest hall. They were in a separate room labeled "Display Room" with a huge poster/sign. You had to pass it to get to the contest hall. Most people did just that without going in. They missed out on some extraordinary review models.

• Like 1

On 12/14/2021 at 9:57 AM, bonanf35 said:

Hi Mark, 

Where were they displayed? I don't recall seeing a 'Reviewer Corps' display in the contest hall. 

Cheers,

John 

Hi Mark,

The Corps had a table right outside this room that I manned a couple times and others from the group did also (or just took a break from that long walk to the contest room.  Inside the room we had 2 tables with models built by Corps members as well as other builds on display and Mark's huge contribution in the middle.

It was right at the corner where you turned and went up to the contest room.

The most common question I got while sitting there was "where is the contest room and registration?" 🙂

Yes, I remember that outside table as well. It is a bit frustrating that members didn't take as big an interest in the reviewer corp models; I would think anyone building those would have been eager to see them built up to get an idea of how they will look when done.

Oh well, hopefully the next few Nationals will take note...

There were some cool builds on the tables and I can't believe I forgot to get pics of the Reviewer Corps stuff or the others in the room other than your armor.  I really wanted some shots of that big PT Boat and those dioramas including the Horsa one.