Completed 1/25 scale P-2 crash fire truck

Joev259A

Attached are photographs of my 1 1/2 year scratch build  1/25 scale P-2 crash fire truck. Length is approximately 16 inches. Wheels and tires are custom bought from American Industrial Truck Models out of New Jersey,  seats are from an American LaFrance ladder truck,  engines were bought on E Bay and are modified to look like the earlier gasoline engines,  and a couple of transmission parts from a Russian truck.  The rest is sheet styrene and tubing.

Since this is a military vehicle, and I've never seen one in civilian markings,  I posted this under the Armor Forum.

Right side-1 P-2.jpeg

Front right P-2.jpeg

Right rear P-2.jpeg

Front P-2.jpeg

• Like 2

Thanks.  I needed a scratch built project during the pandemic.  This was all squares, etc.,  so it was chosen.  I was lucky to find some engines that worked for this.  I HAD to open up the doors for this.

Very nice Joe. The pictures brought back memories of my Grandfather, a retired Fire Chief at Robins Air Force Base in Georgia. I had the chance, as a little boy, to climb on the crash trucks and the other fire trucks when we would go to visit him at the fire hall on base. Lots of fun for a small boy. My Grandfather retired in 1961. Before he was a fireman/Chief he was an automotive mechanic and during WW1 he was an aircraft mechanic with the 94th Aero Squadron. Earlier than that he built a race car for the very first Indianapolis 500 in 1911. Thanks for the memories.

David Von Almen, Gentleman Modeler in paradise