Wanted: Academy 1/72 PBY-5 Kit For Commission Build

ipmsusa2

I am in urgent need of an Academy 1/72 PBY-5...kit # 2126...for a commission build.  Note: this is not the amphibious version.  Kit the client sent has a warped wing that cannot be corrected...suspect it was actually molded that way since the kit goes back to 1971.  If you can spare one, let me know by either a reply on this forum or direct to my email at tennexican@gmail.com   Any assistance y'all can provide will be greatly appreciated.

1971?  Scalemates shows the Minicraft/Academy PBY-2 hit the market in 1993, followed by the -5, -4, and -5A.  The -5 was the first straight Academy release after the split, and that was 1996...

In any case, I checked my database...none in the stash, sorry...

Ralph

I failed to include a rather critical bit of information.  The kit the client sent was the 1971 molding of the PBY-5 by Revell.  THAT'S the one that needs to be replaced by the Academy PBY-5.  My apologies.

3 hours ago, ipmsusa2 said:

I failed to include a rather critical bit of information.  The kit the client sent was the 1971 molding of the PBY-5 by Revell.  THAT'S the one that needs to be replaced by the Academy PBY-5.  My apologies.

I have a Revell kit you can have.

Hey Keith,

You're a lifesaver.  Incidentally, I just found out the correct kit number is 2123, but that doesn't matter as long as it's the Academy PBY-5 (not the amphibian).  Let me know your price...including shipping...and how I can get the money to you.  You can either PM me or use my personal email at tennexican@gmai.com

Richard

2 minutes ago, ipmsusa2 said:

Oops.  Did you say Revell?  I can't use it.  That's the one that needs to be replaced by the Academy kit.  The Revell kit doesn't have a dead straight wing.

Ah, sorry about that, I mis-read it.