Fine Scale Modeler going down to 6 issues of year!

noelsmith

Must be struggling, particularly as they have just 'absorbed' Scale Auto'.

It is disappointing, especially since the most recent issue - November/December - is 58 pages, same as the old single month issue. According to Aaron Skinner’s note in this issue, the costs have gone up and they’ve had to take this step. It’s too bad, since they’re AFAIK the only US-published military model-related magazine in the US now.

I’m willing to stay with them through the end of my current subscription, and depending on future content, will decide about renewing when the time comes.

Mac

Kalmbach has a number of different subject magazines, and maybe some of those are suffering as well as FSM.

At least it is still going as a general subject model magazine. Airfix Modelworld and Tamiya International are the only other commercial English language ones I can think of apart from the Journal and IPMS UK magazine.

19 hours ago, DaSWO said:

My guess is they go digital to survive...

Maybe, but I really like the hard-copy issues of these, also known as "waiting room insurance." Kept handy in the car, lest one truly enjoys reading about Megan Markle's latest pet-recipes, ad nauseum.

Never seen Megan Markle with a dog or cat in any photos.

Am I missing something about how she appears to be an authority on animal feeding to write a pet recipe book? Just cashing in on being married to a royal I guess. 

More interesting things in the world than an ex actress writing about feeding pets, like the future of Fine Scale Modeler. It 'absorbed' Scale Auto. Well that was doom for auto modelling enthusiasts straight away! I have seen a number of magazines go that route where the absorbed magazine content dwindled to nothing very soon after. Nothing changes does it?