FF6 The Rock

Roktman

With my armored car on the table (see Armor section), I needed a new kit to work on while I was waiting for the glue or paint to dry on the car.

Closing my eyes I reached in to my stack and pulled out a box of Rocks, well one Rock.  Its a nicely done Dwayne The Rock Johnson. 

Since a lot of his characters are similar, and with no documentation in the box, I had a hard time trying to figure out which movie character this represented.  I narrowed it down to his character in Fast and Furious 6 or Rampage. I mean what movie doesn't have him in a tight shirt and gun?  I found this pic, and decided that this was the inspiration.

dwayne-johnson-fast-furious.jpg

The kit is about a 1/6 - 1/5 scale kit in tan resin. It comes in 4 parts. There are some pin holes, and it looks like the mold slipped here and there, but thats no problem for a garage kit modeler. 😉

IMG_1653.jpg

IMG_1654.jpg
Haha, don't remember why I drilled the extra holes.

IMG_1655.jpg

A little mold slip? No biggie.

IMG_1657.jpg
The base seemed a little narrow.

We'll start painting next time... Thanks for looking.

Edited by Roktman

Once I got the major imperfections worked out, I gave it a coat of the Vallejo primer. I found a few more things, but at what point do you say good enough?  I was at that point.

IMG_1675.jpg
Checking how the arm fit. Pretty good.

IMG_1676.jpg

I dropped the gun arm, and with my luck and without looking I knew it hit the ground gun side down and the barrel was off. Yep. Then I realized there was a bubble there which made it weak. Wanting to do the gun in chrome, and not wanting to mess with the seam line - I'll make a new barrel.

IMG_1741.jpg

Not having done any airbrushing in a long while, I took the easy way out. I primed him all over . I then took a darker color and painted it up from the bottom, and then took a highlight color and sprayed down from the top. Looked good.  For the uniform, my ref has him all in black so I took some artistic color license.

IMG_1743.jpg

I'm not really liking the rock base. That might change. But next time...

• 4 weeks later...

Been a few weeks but I'm back with The rock all finished. I readdressed his shirt color and finished any little bits that I felt undone. Added some paint to the rock base and that's about it. I'm not really happy with the eyes - I think they're too big - and may take another stab at it. Thanks for looking.

IMG_1809.jpg

IMG_1810.jpg

IMG_1811.jpg

Can't see the eyes very well ("see" what I did there?) but it looks good to me!

On 10/28/2021 at 9:32 PM, Dick Montgomery said:

Can't see the eyes very well ("see" what I did there?) but it looks good to me!

Hehe Dick. Thanks.  You're right, here you go. The irises look too big to me, almost like anime eyes. Will redo soon.

IMG_1812.jpg.0e7c277e03f2e8ed5ea98a817eb7ee12.jpg