Is voting still underway?

Dick Montgomery

I thought that there was a deadline of Sept 15th for votes to be received either by the online voting system or by paper ballots being sent to the IPMS Office Manager's address.

Checking today I see no note that voting has been closed, and in fact, the message on the Online Voting System link shows it is still open.

What is the deadline date? When will the results be announced? And I assume that, as in the recent past, the newly elected will take office on Nov 1. Is that correct?

Due to a delay in the mailing of the latest Journal, we are extending the voting period for Executive Board and Staff members to October 1. Electronic votes and paper ballots postmarked by that date will be accepted.

Thanks Eric. And I assume that those who have been chosen to serve will take office on Nov 1?

Actually, the CBL says:

Article VI Elections

c. Each member will have a ballot made available to them with sufficient time to return the ballot by Sept. 1 of that year for counting.

I understand making adjustments for unforseen delays, but under what authority can this be extended? Asking for a friend. 

(And Nov 1st is the date in the CBL)

• 3 weeks later...