SF Bay Area Chapters

VodkaWodka

Howdy all! I was wondering if anyone knows if there are any active IPMS groups in the San Francisco bay area. I am only asking because the chapter I did find was the Mount Diablo chapter based in Concord and all the meetings list are for 2014. 

If over here in the UK is anything to go by, many branches (chapters in the states) are notorious for not keeping websites up to date. Best just try and contact directly the ones you know of I would suggest.

There is Silicon Valley Scale Modelers in San Jose and Fremont Hornets in Fremont.  Not sure of their meeting schedules right now, the last time I looked at the SVSM facebook page it hadn't been updated since last year. 

Eric

If you notice on SVSM's Chapter page, for example, there is a field for Next Meeting Time and Additional Meeting Information.  Every year during the chapter recertification cycle we try to get each Chapter to check its page to make sure the information presented  is accurate.  Sometimes we get a response, sometimes we do not. 

Eric

Don't live in the area anymore but I know that last month they met at Game Kastle in San Jose on the 3rd Thursday.  Spoke with my brother who reserves the room at the MPD and he said the first available date was in Sept. for the 3rd Friday. 

Eric

• 2 weeks later...

Ryan, 

Just got a note from my brother,  SVSM is schedule to meet Sept. 17 at the Milpitas Police Department community room starting at 7:30PM.  Masks are required.

Eric