Monogram Yellow Wings OS2U Kingfisher finished..........sorta.

VMF211

Finally got around to building this. Used some of the Lone Star Models resin and Flightline Engineering 3D stuff. Couldn't find a vac canopy set so the kit canopy it is. I know it's not accurate but I really didn't want to scratch built the Vought float....YES, I'm lazy. Besides, I have a new review kit to build so this has to get out of the way! I have to add the small recognition lights on the underside but that will have to wait. (Actually, I need to do more research as they were ordered in 42, so I'm not 100% sure this one would have them) Looking closer now, I really need to get better lighting. The bottom of the float looks bad. The sanding dept. will need a new quality control chief for sure!

IMG_3097.JPG

IMG_3080.JPG

IMG_3082.JPG

IMG_3083.JPG

IMG_3084.JPG

IMG_3088.JPG

Edited by VMF211
  • Like 1

Keith that is looking great! However the first pic is the only one showing up. The rest keep giving me an "Error 404" message when I try to open them in a new tab.

Thank you for posting your work! I hope to see more from you.

2 hours ago, Mark Deliduka said:

Keith that is looking great! However the first pic is the only one showing up. The rest keep giving me an "Error 404" message when I try to open them in a new tab.

Thank you for posting your work! I hope to see more from you.

Sorry about that, should be fixed now. (Same guy in charge of quality control in the sanding dept. is the IT guy!)

Beautiful Kingfisher! The pre war colors & markings are gorgeous!