Paper towels!

PeteJ

I know this is a weird thing to be posting  but I got a couple of rolls of these and think they are outstanding at the modeling bench!  I use a lot of paper towels for cleaning airbrushes and other tools and I was happy when Bounty came out with the smaller sheet tear lines but I still felt I was still throwing away a lot of unused towel.  Now Brawny has a 1/4 sheet option.  These quarter sheets are just the right size for airbrush cleaning as well as regular brush cleaning and a lot of other things that we use paper towels for.  I am sure my paper towel consumption is down by at least half to a quarter.  I hope these stay around!  However if it is like most things I really like and use, I doubt they will be available in a year or so!

https://www.brawny.com/tear-a-square?gclid=CjwKCAjwmK6IBhBqEiwAocMc8uiLZFJDE1dTFmGnsG1I0rKu2mJuQYdeRBBjwu8HRPhcIAUOsL4QthoCPAMQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

I just fold up the regular sheets and cut them into little squares to use for painting.  My friends laughed when they saw me do it, but now they all do it too!

Yeah, I like the half sheet idea from the paper towel makers.  It cuts down on waste in the kitchen too.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Before you buy more Brawny paper towels, do some research on their parent company, Koch Industries. You may not like what you find. Me, I prefer to spend my money elsewhere.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, SkyKing said:

Before you buy more Brawny paper towels, do some research on their parent company, Koch Industries. You may not like what you find. Me, I prefer to spend my money elsewhere.

I love brawny towels. 

22 hours ago, SkyKing said:

Yes, they are throwback 19th Century industrialists who care for nothing but lining their own pockets, and 'little guys' be damned. Very unsavory characters. 

I use torn-up old t-shirts, pillowcases and sheets. 

Edited by PaulBradley
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Circuitrider said:

Friends, let's strive to keep this discussion regarding the use of paper towels in modeling on topic, please. Thank you!

Thank you!  You took the words right out of my mouth.