Vendors and travel restrictions

Guys,

Have you had any of the International vendors have to cancel because of travel restrictions?  It's been a tough time for a lot of them, and I know I'd been frustrated at not being able to go vend locally.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm surprised sprue bros isn't on the vendors list this time around?

Edited by TheDude

2 hours ago, TheDude said:

I'm surprised sprue bros isn't on the vendors list this time around?

So was I. They usually have some good deals.

I remember they had a strong presence at the last few Nats I went to with their logo everywhere, I guess they bailed on it this time around. 

They sponsored the T-shirts and decals at the Columbia convention, but only had a small table where they were doing more promotional activity than anything else.  I seem to recall they only had a small table outside the vendor room at Chattanooga, too...and at both, they were doing giveaways via a small raffle.

R

Sprue Brothers has not and does not vend at these shows but is a MAJOR sponsor.  Besides a healthy cash donation Gordon paid for all your decals.  FYI his son starts Collège this week so if he shows up at the show feel blessed.

Se y'all soon.

Joe Porche'

• Like 1

As Joe noted, it has been several years since Sprue Bros actually set up and sold at the show.  It’s incredibly expensive and disruptive to his normal business.  I can’t remember the last Nats where Gordon was set up and selling. 

But, he does support the show.  For Chattanooga in 2019 he sponsored either the model or the vendor room as well as the t-shirts and half the cost of the goodie bags.  He also arrived early enough to pitch in and help get the vendors settled into their places in the room.  

Mike

• Like 2