Airfix Stug III G

thevid

Airfix Stug

I've built this kit several times.  This is the latest version; I suppose it should be painted dark yellow.  It is out of box except for the machine gun, which I later learned were stored inside.  I used to staple the tracks together but I did learn by trial and error that one can glue the tracks with brute force using superglue (CA glue) and a pair of needle nose pliers.  Glue the two ends together with superglue and with a firm grip hold down the ends with the pliers for about 30 seconds.  It works.

On the kit the level of detail is quite good for such a tiny model and with careful and delicate weathering one can bring it out.  I used the yellowed kit decals which worked well.  The road wheels are a bit of unusual in that some seem to have slightly different detail.  I think it's due to the age of the tooling.  Well here's my little Stug ready to save a squad of infantry.

Airfix Stug III G 001.JPG

Airfix Stug III G 003.JPG

• Like 1

I built many of these Airfix armor kits when I was in High School. I used to solve the problem of closing the loop of the treads by sewing the ends together with needle and thread. It worked very well. Nick