Classic Kit: Revell 1/72 Douglas A-20C H-115-130 (1967)

thevid

When I started building this kit I decided to re-scribe the model and it went well for a while.  As I progressed AMS got hold of me because I felt some of the panel lines weren't perfect and so I put it away.  Then one day I just said phooey to AMS and started building as is.  So here is the A-20 out of the box that AMS caused so much anxiety.

Revell A-20_DSC_2654.jpg

Revell A-20_dsc_2652.jpg

Revell A2)_DSC_2658.jpg

Revell A-20 1967.jpg

Revell A20_DSC_2675.jpg

Revell A20_DSC_2676.jpg

Revell A20_DSC_2677.jpg

Revell A20_DSC_2679.jpg

• Like 3

That one that I remember building! But I did mine in the box art markings… (love the Panthers in North Africa… lol!) David, you did a mighty fine job on the Revell classic! Well done sir!

2 hours ago, Mark Deliduka said:

Beautiful job! I've always loved that style of camouflage. Brilliant work on that old kit!

Thank you Mark!  It's one of my favorite schemes as well.  I'm going to do another P-40E in the same scheme with USAAF markings.

4 minutes ago, ShutterAce said:

Nice build of an old favorite. And what great boxart.

Thanks James, you are not kidding about the boxart.  Check out the link I posted in the general modeling forum regarding Box art from the 50s and 60s.  Or this one by Mike Machat:

5 minutes ago, Stikpusher said:

That one that I remember building! But I did mine in the box art markings… (love the Panthers in North Africa… lol!) David, you did a mighty fine job on the Revell classic! Well done sir!

Thank you Carlos.  I was too chicken to paint it like the box art.  You mean Panther's were'nt in North Africa?  What?  Inconceivable. 

Good lookin' Havoc Dave!! I agree with you on the box art camo pattern. That'd leave me dizzy trying to keep up with painting something like that.