Classic Kit: Airfix A-20 Havoc (1962)

thevid

Classic Kit: Airfix A-20 Havoc (1962)

This is the classic A-20 first issued in 1962.  It is built out of the box with only a couple of additions, namely a shim on the dorsal fuselage halves.  The top fuselage is too thin as molded.  Also I added guns on the nose.  It is marked with an old ESCI decal sheet.  I did not use putty on the wing joins. Since the nose clear parts were worn and thick I decided to use thin strips of tape for the framing.  I used Model Master paints.  Any info on the real aircraft and pilot is appreciated.

Airfix A-20 DSC_7241.JPG

Airfix A-20 DSC_7242.jpg

Airfix A-20_DSC_7239.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RCTHEFOX said:

I am amazed at how well your efforts on old kits turn out so well. great job, AGAIN!

Thank you Bob.  I really appreciate you comments.  These kits are inexpensive, especially at shows.  I always come home with piles of these kit.  

• Like 1

That turned out very nice! I don’t remember this kit of the A-20, only the Revell and Matchbox kits.

On 6/30/2021 at 10:20 PM, ghodges said:

Another great job of shining up an old penny! I also like the non-American markings for a change. Thanks for posting, and keep 'em coming1

Gil :cool:

I was surprised at the fit of the parts, especially the wing-fuselage joint.  I did not have to use putty at all.  It is a credible representation from Airfix.  It was made 20 years after the real one flew.  Now here we are almost 60 years from it's issue.  What are the latest kits of this aircraft available?  I think MPM made one but that's all I know.