1970's Monogram SB2C-5 ish.

VMF211

Was a fun kit when I built it as a kid. canopies open & close, landing gear retracts, wings fold, prop turns and the bomb bay dooors open and let the bomb drop......JUST LIKE THE REAL THING! Kit decals were not so good so to the spares box we go.

IMG_2922.JPG

IMG_2924.JPG

IMG_2926.JPG

IMG_2927.JPG

IMG_2928.JPG

IMG_2930.JPG

• Like 1

Nice work on the old Beast! I used to have hours of fun with those Monogram 1/4” USN birds… folding wings, dropping bombs/torpedoes… sinking that flat top coffee table in the living room over and over… 😉

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Stikpusher said:

Nice work on the old Beast! I used to have hours of fun with those Monogram 1/4” USN birds… folding wings, dropping bombs/torpedoes… sinking that flat top coffee table in the living room over and over… 😉

Same here! I put a small weight in the bomb on this one. Gonna pay the cat back for jumping on me every morning! 😁

• Like 1

LOL! I always loved those fully operational models. In many ways, I learned much more about engineering than I did building a static, glue-everything-together model. You did magnificent!

Be sure to post the after action photo evaluations of your missions on the cat. LOL! 😆

Not sure that old kit is supposed to look that good! Brings back lot's of memories of learning to build back in the 60s with those old Monogram kits and their superb instructions that taught you how to build. Congrats, and thanks for sharing!

Gil :cool: