Is the Aircraft Forum Dead?

Obviously it has been a while since I visited the Forums.  Whenever I click on the 'Aircraft' button, I get sent to the 'Builds' page.  Nothing wrong with that, but I was looking to see what the hot topic of the day might be and whatnot.

Is this just a glitch or something more sinister?

Not sinister....but I do think it was a mistake to split the topic forum that way.....

If you're going directly to the "build" forum it's because you clicked onto the latest topic and that's where it was. If you simply click onto the AIRCRAFT topic on the left side, it goes to the general a/c forum and you then have to click onto builds to see what's in that area.

I understand why it was done....to give anyone wanting to post a step-by-step build a place to do so without crowding general a/c posts. However, the traffic here is SO light to begin with (and on ALL the IPMS forums in general) that I don't really see the need, and those less computer competent may not even notice or know how to get to both topic areas.

Gil :cool:

• 4 months later...

I'm a Luddite when it comes to mastering shortcuts on a forum. 

All I do is browse the forum, find the subject headings and find what I want that way. The aircraft section is alive and in rude health!

I mainly build car models and it was interesting to read the US Nationals results. All you 'Wingy Thingy' guys are certainly spoilt for choice. Just the same at Telford as well. It just reflects the majority interest within IPMS and the kit market in general. Although I have to say that car guys like me are much better catered for in your Nationals than SMW.

Edited by noelsmith