Vintage Kit: Revell 1/72 B-26 (1967)

thevid

19 hours ago, DW135 said:

You really bring those ancient kits to life.  The finish is top notch.

Thank you Dennis.  People ask me why I build these old kits.  As a child I always wanted to build them like in  the catalogs and instructions (Revell and Monogram) but I did not have the skills or experience.  So in a way I'm fulfilling that goal.  Plus they are so much fun to build right out of the box, especially without any additions.  

Thanks.

David 

I'm a fellow 'nostalgia modeler" and can attest to the fact that it's still possible to have actual 'fun' building a model instead of wrestling with a bunch of tiny detail parts and fiddly photo etch stuff. Great job on the B-26. Let's see more. 

On 6/13/2021 at 10:07 PM, ghodges said:

Really nice result!

Gil :cool:

thank you Gil.  It's a long way from the bare plastic, gloss black (props and wheels) and silver (landing gear)painted kit I made decades ago.

On 6/14/2021 at 9:54 AM, Ron Bell said:

I'm a fellow 'nostalgia modeler" and can attest to the fact that it's still possible to have actual 'fun' building a model instead of wrestling with a bunch of tiny detail parts and fiddly photo etch stuff. Great job on the B-26. Let's see more. 

Thank you Ron.  I really appreciate it.

Man I remember seeing that kit on the store shelves all those years ago. Very nice work on the old Marauder!

Very nice!

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...