Aluminum Foil

Guest Bun E. Carlos

Guest Bun E. Carlos

One of the most overlooked forms of Master Modeling........depending on the thickness, I've used it to replace fenders, make rolls and tarps all the way to seat belts and tie downs. It works great for any Flag too.

One of the most overlooked forms of Master Modeling........depending on the thickness, I've used it to replace fenders, make rolls and tarps all the way to seat belts and tie downs. It works great for any Flag too.

And, it makes a scrumptious hat!!!

tin_foil_hats_for_alien_protection.jpg

Actually, the lead foil from the neck of a good wine bottle makes great seat harnesses. I've used it for flags, too!

Tin foil (yeah I know it ain't tin and it dates me) is great stuff, but that cats expression is great! I love it. He looks like one P.O.'d puddy; probaly like to sink his fangs in ya up to his gums. Great flick of aliens. :lol: G.L.

You're welcome Phantom. Yeah, like Jack said, it is the most overlooked form of master modeling. I sometimes use a little tape along the edges if needed to unsure a solid line. Otherwise I just tuck it into spaces.

• 1 month later...
Guest Bun E. Carlos

I'm working on a JS II Ausf. M ......and reworking the Fuel Cells........I'm using Plastic Strut for weld beads down the seam line and foil strips for the straps. 1001 uses I say :)

Guest Bun E. Carlos

Hi John..........that's one way to go.......but in larger scales like 1/32, the heavy duty stuff is great. For the outer straps on the JS Fuel cells, the heavy duty gauge is needed for the thickness. GREAT for replacement fenders too. In fact, I'm always looking in the grocery store for helpful items.

Hi John..........that's one way to go.......but in larger scales like 1/32, the heavy duty stuff is great. For the outer straps on the JS Fuel cells, the heavy duty gauge is needed for the thickness. GREAT for replacement fenders too. In fact, I'm always looking in the grocery store for helpful items.

Ah, I should have clarified my comment -- he was doing foil covering like chrome fenders or airplane skin. For uses you mention, I agree thick foil would be better.