1/72 Airfield Scenes

thevid

I enjoy photographing my models as much as I do building them.  These are scenes made just for the camera and are not  diorama per say.  I use  Nikon 950 Coolpix series cameras for these shots.  Very cheap on eBay ($20 or so) and have great depth of field.  Figures are from various sources; Revell, Preiser, Kit Figures etc.  Odds and ends are from ebay.  Background is handpainted.  P-47D, fuel truck and P-38 are Hasegawa and jeep and B-17 are Academy.  Control tower is by Airfix.

B&W_DSCN6281cc.jpg

DSCN6276.JPG

DSCN6258_P-38 Airfield scene with pilots bw.jpg

• Like 3

Magnificent! I always wanted to set up a photo booth with a hanger, control tower (like that Airfix one) and a few other things in order to shoot pics of my newest finished aircraft. You've captured the essence of what I always wanted to do.

8 hours ago, Mark Deliduka said:

Magnificent! I always wanted to set up a photo booth with a hanger, control tower (like that Airfix one) and a few other things in order to shoot pics of my newest finished aircraft. You've captured the essence of what I always wanted to do.

Thank you.  It's a lot of fun once you have all the kits ready.  Give it a shot.

9 hours ago, GeneralModel said:

Beyond excellent.  Realistic dio and pictures like from a movie scene

Thank you very much Ismet!  I really appreciate your comments.  

david

• Like 1

That little mechanic gets around.  There is a preiser set with USAAF figures with great poses.  The P-47D is from Matchbox and has been tweaked just a bit.  When I build it again I will sand off the canopy framing and apply thinner frames.  It's still a nice simple kit.  This was a test shot trying out different setting.  The Quonset is from ebay.  The tarmack is sandpaper with pencil line joins.  The little RAF starter is metal I bought it from Hannants.  The ladder is photo-etch.

DSCN6195.JPG

• Like 1

Beautifully done! I love the Jug with the raised panel lines! Brings back great memories! Sweet!

Man, I built a Quonset Hut some years back; I need to find that thing!

15 hours ago, Mark Deliduka said:

Beautifully done! I love the Jug with the raised panel lines! Brings back great memories! Sweet!

Man, I built a Quonset Hut some years back; I need to find that thing!

Hi Mark,

I love those panel lines too!  There a couple of sellers on eBay that specialize in off the wall diorama stuff.  One is  rebelalpha or just do a search for 1/76 scale figures.  Here is the listing for it. https://www.ebay.com/itm/142837792909?hash=item2141cbc08d:g:c2UAAOxy4~BSQ8Md

Hmm, he's got some interesting stuff there indeed. Prices are a bit high for me, but I will still keep him bookmarked for the future. Thanks for the link.