Replacement Part for ......

Dick Montgomery

I recently won a Raffle prize....the Trumpeter 32nd TBM-3 Avenger. Wow! Nice!  When I returned home from the show where I won the kit I found that the windscreen was cracked into two pieces. If you happen to have this kit and, perhaps the part inventory is not complete, or there is damage to parts other than the windscreen, you might consider reaching out to me regarding your mint condition windscreen, or even the entire runner for the clear parts.

I really, Really, REALLY don't want to attempt to vacuform a replacement.

TBM-3 Avenger Trumpeter 2234 32nd Broken Windscreen.jpg

I consider the price of the Raffle tickets to be a "contribution" to the financial success of the event. I don't expect the host club to take any action on my behalf. I enjoyed the event and plan on attending the event next year.

Called Stevens Int., which is the importer for Trumpy kits. The staffer with whom I spoke said that Stevens did not have any replacement parts for this particular kit due to its age.

She also asked where I bought the kit. I wasn't going to lie to her so I told her that it was a raffle item at a local show. She said that Stevens replaced parts, if supplies were on hand, when the kit was purchased from a hobby shop, etc.

I hoping I'll come across someone who has that part and is willing to "part" (play on words) with it. I'll start construction anyway..... perhaps I can vacuform a replacement....but if not, then a "tarp" will be modeled and draped over the windscreen.

I'll still have the enjoyment of building the kit. All is well.