OOB Question

I have read the OOB rules and I would like to verify that I can place my armor model on a base and still be in the OOB category.

Mike

As stated in the National Contest Rules, II., 14. bases are allowed in all categories but will not be judged except in vignettes and dioramas. So, yes, you may place an OOB entry on a base. Just be sure, by consulting II., 15., that you have not made the base so elaborate with so many figures and ground details, that it becomes a vignette or diorama and would be moved to one of those categories. Nick Filippone, Senior National Judge.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

There is no requirement levied, pro or con, in Rule III (and following) regarding bases.   Nick addresses bases under II.14 [and II.15], which if you are not in compliance with, will move you out of the armor categories to vignette/diorama where there are no OOB awards.   Under armor OOB specifically, you may block off a visual sight line through the bottom of an open sponson - and I would imagine by extension blocking under/through an engine grill.  Add antennas, drill out guns.  Use what came with the kit -- no aftermarket guns, stowage, or incidental details.    Look what won previously in ShutterAce's link.

In short, a basic base.  Just ground cover, no extras -- you're cool

Ed Grune;  National Head Ship Judge

• Like 1