Jump to content

What is wrong with the on-line store’s Checkout page???


SkyKing
 Share

Recommended Posts

For WEEKS, it seems, I’ve been trying to renew my membership on-line. But EVERY time I try, the Checkout page asks me to “Please fill in the field Payment Method.” There is no such field! I have checked PayPal as my payment method. WTF is going on??!?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, SkyKing said:

For WEEKS, it seems, I’ve been trying to renew my membership on-line. But EVERY time I try, the Checkout page asks me to “Please fill in the field Payment Method.” There is no such field! I have checked PayPal as my payment method. WTF is going on??!?

 

Same thing as the voting page, probably. I'm either unauthorized or already voted (I can't). I'm done trying.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

James - I checked the Voting site and it already had a ballot in for your account.  I removed it so you can now try again. Also, you need to go to https://voting.ipmsusa3.org/form/2021-ipms-election-ballot to vote, you tried accessing the 2018 ballot once or twice.

Michael - I'm not sure why you are having issue with the store.  I see an abandoned order in the system but I cannot process any further. You should see the PayPal section right after the CC section - see below.  If not, perhaps the security settings on your browser are blocking that part of the page.  I'm not really sure.

Eric

 

 

Screen Shot 2021-05-21 at 6.49.39 PM.png

2 hours ago, 66Foxtrot said:

 

Same thing as the voting page, probably. I'm either unauthorized or already voted (I can't). I'm done trying.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

That’s what I see, all right, but at the top of the page on the left I also see a yellow box, outlined in red, containing the instruction to fill in the Payment Method, but there is no such field visible. And since I can’t fill it in, I can’t proceed any further. If I try all I get is a spinning beach ball.

Update: I was able to renew from my iPhone, but I still don’t understand why renewing from my desktop computer didn’t work.

Edited by SkyKing
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi,

I don't get such a box on the Checkout page - see attached.  When I click on the yellow PayPal button at the bottom, I get a pop up to log into my PP account, but that's all.

What browser are you using and which OS - with version numbers/names?

Also, see if you have popup windows blocked in your browser.

(As to why iOS likely works - mobile Safari likely shares little code with desktop Safari and other iOS browsers (Chrome, FF, Opera) all use the Webkit engine used by Safari, so those are different from their desktop counterparts.)

Eric

3 hours ago, SkyKing said:

That’s what I see, all right, but at the top of the page on the left I also see a yellow box, outlined in red, containing the instruction to fill in the Payment Method, but there is no such field visible. And since I can’t fill it in, I can’t proceed any further. If I try all I get is a spinning beach ball.

Update: I was able to renew from my iPhone, but I still don’t understand why renewing from my desktop computer didn’t work.

 

Screen Shot 2021-05-22 at 12.35.03 AM.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Nice Support Eric..well Done on Your part.

Cheers

Bill

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thank you so much Eric. I was finally able to vote.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...