Anyone read Russian? I have Russian kit and would like to know what it says on the box

thevid

This is a raffle win.  Yeah someone donated it thinking he would never see it again. So I'm going to build it.  It looks like 1/48 scale and is a perfect candidate for honing my natural metal finish. Any additional info is appreciated.

Thanks,

David

Russian YAK 003sm.jpg

Russian YAK 005sm.jpg

It looks like it’s supposed to be a Yak 25 Flashlight. But based on the box art (and I use that term advisedly) it is either hopelessly inaccurate or some obscure Russian prototype. This kit makes the legendary Aurora MiG 19 look like a Tamiya product.

If this is supposed to be a Yak 25, you would be better served by the old Revell kit.  Good luck! 

Nick

That backwards R on the box in front of the K, when converted from Cyrillic to Latin alphabet translates to Ya. So this kit is some Russian’s idea of a Yak 25. He was probably shot either for revealing state secrets or for being a lousy mold maker. Nick

• Haha 1

Ok. Using a Cyrillic to Latin translation app I found with Google, the line at the top of the cover above the aircraft image reads: “ Scale Model Aircraft Yak 25.”

The print at the bottom is smaller, but I will keep working on it. Nick

1 hour ago, Nick Filippone said:

Ok. Using a Cyrillic to Latin translation app I found with Google, the line at the top of the cover above the aircraft image reads: “ Scale Model Aircraft Yak 25.”

The print at the bottom is smaller, but I will keep working on it. Nick

Thanks Nick!  I appreciate the trouble you took to find out. 

You’re welcome. It’s fun. 

On the bottom line, I think the first group of letters is the name of the company and some kind of trademark. The long group of letters at the end of the first group is a little difficult because the letters are not all clear. But the first few letters spell something like “melted” and the last few spell something like “hand.” 

In the second group of words on the bottom line, the first two words are “Moscow-based factory.” The rest of that group’s letters are too blurry for me to make out.

The third group is a little easier. The first word is “Moscow” and I am guessing the rest is some kind of an address. 

Thanks for the challenge. Russian doesn’t seem to so hard to learn at all!🙄

Nick