Lingberg 1/51 or so F-94C

thevid

First post here. I just finished my Lindberg F-94C.  Here she is out of the box with no additions except for blanking the intakes and exhaust.  This one represents the Lockheed L-188 demonstrator which was sold to the USAF which  became one of the YF-94Cs.  There are color photos of this aircraft online which I used to try and emulate as close as possible.  My decal paper came in yesterday and I finished putting the correct stickers (tip o the hat to Scott Bregi).  The kit was originally issued in 1954 or so.

The kit is painted with multiple layers of Tamiya primer and silver.  I tried using Rust O-Leam silver but it had a sparkle finish.  The orange is by Tamiya as well.  The mummified figures were painted per photo of the real aircraft.  

9900L.jpg

Lindberg F-94C 019.jpg

Lindberg F-94C 022.JPG

Lindberg F-94C 023.jpg

lindberg F-94C 024.jpg

Lindberg F-94C.jpg

• Like 3

12 hours ago, ghodges said:

Outstanding! Gotta add my ditto to all of the well deserved accolades already heaped on you for this very cool build! 

Gil :smiley16:

Gil, thank you for your comment.  It's one of those verbally abused kits.  You know, "it's crude, inaccurate, toylike etc".  I enjoy building these classic kits for what they are.  They are the glue boms from our youth which deserve a second chance.

David

3 hours ago, thevid said:

Gil, thank you for your comment.  It's one of those verbally abused kits.  You know, "it's crude, inaccurate, toylike etc".  I enjoy building these classic kits for what they are.  They are the glue boms from our youth which deserve a second chance.

David

Amen to that!

• Like 1