The Duke Finishes Two in April

Mark Deliduka

I was hoping to get more done, but work and a cold got in the way. Given that, I was able to finish off these two ACE kits. They aren't the best, and are rather crude since they are first run ACE kits, but they are complete. 

First is the ACE 1/72 scale BRDM AT-1 Snapper anti tank vehicle I built for a Group Build on another Forums. It was the "Goodbye 2020! Leaving you in the dust" Group Build. I finished it up a couple days ago:

full

full

full

This next one is the ACE 1/72 scale Opel Olympia staff car. I thought I would do it in a different scheme so I chose the captured US one. Later I noticed that I had already done a captured US one! Fortunately, the other one had the roof up; this one has it down:

full

full

full

That's all for this month. Hopefully I'll be able to bring the other models that are close to finishing across the finish line next month.

My apologies for the crude pics. Thanks all for looking in, comments are welcome.

• 2 weeks later...

Mark, it’s always good to see your latest additions for your motor pool here. That’s a nice pair of completions. Of course I’m a fan of most anything in Russian Green with a Guards unit insignia on the side.

Well done my friend!

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks Jim! From what I've seen of it in vids online and in references, it was quite a stable vehicle. There is no recoil on the rails when the rockets fire, they shoot off like a recoilless rifle or bazooka would. Everything is retracted down and the roof covers closed when it's on the move. At that time, it performs just like  a regular BRDM-1