"then And Now" Edited For Visibility.

Mark Deliduka

Well, I finally have these two models done!

Both were quite challenging in different ways. The Revell kit of the SLT 50-3 Elefant was grossly over-engineered! Getting all those wheels to sit flat on the ground, (especially the trailer!) is darn near impossible! The Trumpeter FAMO suffered from fit problems; even now I found several seams that I should have filled but I wont. The detail on it is outstanding though, compared to the Revell FAMO ( in grey) that I did earlier. The Trumpeter trailer went together like a dream though.

Both models were painted up in Model Master enamels and washed with Promodeler wash. The dust along the bottom was airbrushed on.

This is the Trumpeter 1/72 scale SdKfz 9 FAMO:

German%20SdKfz%209%20FAMO%20Late%20I.JPG

Here is the Sd Anh 116 Trailer:

German%20SdKfz%209%20FAMO%20Trailer%20II.JPG

Here are the two together, the FAMO pulling the trailer loaded with a PzIII Tank:

German%20SdKfz%209%20FAMO%20with%20Trailer%20I_001.JPG

Okay, on to the FAUN. This is the Revell of Germany 1/72 scale SLT 50-3 Elefant, a modern tank transporter used by the Germans today.

German%20SLT%2050-3%20Elefant%20I.JPG

Here's a couple of shots of her hauling a Leopard 1A5:

German%20SLT%2050-3%20Elefant%20III.JPG

And finally, the Coup de Grace:

Then and Now:

German%20SLT%2050-3%20Elefant%20and%20FAMO%20Comp.JPG

In addition to these two transporters, I finished two other models. Thanks to a fellow Braille Scale Armor modeler on Missing Lynx, I was able to acquire the decals I needed to finish the Revell AG FAMO that I'd started almost a year ago.

Here is the Revell of Germany 1/72 scale FAMO:

German%20SdKfz%209%20FAMO%20I.JPG

And now, for a break from all this German stuff, here is my ancient ESCI 1/72 scale Churchill AMRCR mine roller tank. Boy was this baby a challenge, with all that highly brittle plastic and one broken track!

British%20Churchill%20AMRCR%20Tank%20I.jpg

Whew!! There you have it. My latest finished armor. Now if I can get several more of my stalled kits going, I'll be a happy camper. I really need to clear the bench of all these other stalled models.

Anyway, I hope you enjoyed the show. For those on dialup, I apologize for the long pic-laden post.

Thanks all for looking, comments are welcome.

• 3 months later...
Mark,

OK, don't get in here that often. Found this thread but the pics are long gone. Any chance you can repost them?

I am not big on transporters but love any good 72nd builds.

Cool. Thanks Phil. I think you are one of the only ones to ever really reply regularly LOL! I'll try and get them reposted.

Edited: Done. Pics should show up now. I do hope they do.

Nice work, Duke!

I feel your pain on that ESCI model...I built an 1/35 ESCI M60A1 Blazer a few years ago, and was breaking parts trying to clean mold lines...Sheeeeeeeeeeesh!!! Looks like you overcame and conquered the beastie!!

Nice work, Duke!

I feel your pain on that ESCI model...I built an 1/35 ESCI M60A1 Blazer a few years ago, and was breaking parts trying to clean mold lines...Sheeeeeeeeeeesh!!! Looks like you overcame and conquered the beastie!!

Thanks Keith! Yeah, it took awhile, and some ingenious techniques, but I finally beat that beast into submission.

Thanks for the compliment!

Archived