putty or epoxy recommendation

Gleb

I have a part for a chair that I need to make and thought making it out of putty or epoxy may be a good way to do it.  I am looking for some suggestions on material.  I was going to make a mold from one of the others that is still good.  The part is a plastic piece that goes on the bottom of the chair.  (Part no longer available from the manufacturer).   These sit outside so between UV rays and age, they have dried out and discenigrate when you sit on a chair.

The key is to be strong enough to hold our weight but have some give so they don't scractch our deck (made from composite plastic boards) and hopefully hold up to UV rays.IMG_0200.jpg.1a30a2e545933744f378feea7a1980b0.jpg

Suggestions are appreciated.

IMG_0201.jpg

IMG_0199.jpg

IMG_0198.jpg

I'd look into some "marine grade" epoxies that are made to be used on boats and in such harsher environments. It should last outdoors better than other general epoxies. As to it's hardness and and such...you might have to simply put some duct tape or other type of "cover" on the bottom that cushions the end you make, and replace it as it wears away.

Gil :smiley16: