50 Chevy rust truck

MikeH

Very nice job so far. I am looking forward to the finished model. Have you thought about doing an article for the Journal. I am sure that Chris would like to have one on this nice build. Have a nice day.

David Von Almen

Gentleman Modeler

Actually I didn't even consider it. I don't think my skills are professional enough really for something like the Journal.

I'm close to being driveable, but I've yet to receive my tail lights to be street legal. I'm also waiting for some new brackets to attach the visor. He said something about sending my chrome off to be redone sometime, but we'll wait and see. My owner's also currently at the bone yard trying to find me a new gas cap and some emblems...

DSC01205.jpg

DSC01206.jpg

Brilliant build! Thanx for posting all of these in-progress shots, especially the salt & hairspray treatments...maybe it's time to get off my a** and try this.

After a long and hard life in dad's trees, junior rescued the family farm truck. With a new set of wide whites, chrome rims, and a shiny new license plate (not to mention a lot of TLC for the engine), it's ready to hit the road. Sure the gas cap got lost and the wood bed rotted and had to be replaced with some pole-barn siding, but it's functional right?

I've still got a bit of touch up to do, but I'm sticking a fork in it and calling it done!

DSC01208.jpg

DSC01209.jpg

DSC01210.jpg

DSC01211.jpg

DSC01212.jpg

DSC01204.jpg

DSC01198.jpg

Thank you Mike for sharing this wonderful build. I read your post about writing for the Journal. Trust me you have the skills and the talent to write for the Journal. Heck most of your work is done with the posts you have made here. I can tell you, if I was still the editor of the Journal I would be asking you to write this build up to share with the whole society. You used techniques that all modelers can use. Please consider doing an article. The rest of us car guy would love to see it in print.

Again, great build. Have a nice day.

David Von Almen

Gentleman Modeler

Nifty build, Mike! :smiley32: The concept for your project fits right in with the theme of a 25-year-old rusted, beaten, worn 1969 Chevy Nova that I won with at the 1994 Omaha Nats. I called it:

A TRIBUTE TO SUFFERING WIVES

She: "You spent how much on new tires and wheels?"

He: "...and wait until you see the new racing stripes I got for it, too!"

I salute you, sir. :smiley20:

Ed

Mike,

That is wonderful. I really like the beat up interior and would love to hear how you made that look so lifelike. Please write an article for the Journal on this one.

I've been asked by John Heck, so I will be starting on it tonight. :smiley1:

My truck

j-truck1s.jpg

says ...

:smiley27: I think I'm in love :smiley27:

Great job and a wonderful build article !!!!

I have thoroughly enjoyed it and I don't even do cars ....

:smiley4: LOL Thank you for the kind words and compliment.

• 3 weeks later...
Thank you Mike for sharing this wonderful build. I read your post about writing for the Journal. Trust me you have the skills and the talent to write for the Journal. Heck most of your work is done with the posts you have made here. I can tell you, if I was still the editor of the Journal I would be asking you to write this build up to share with the whole society. You used techniques that all modelers can use. Please consider doing an article. The rest of us car guy would love to see it in print.

Again, great build. Have a nice day.

David Von Almen

Gentleman Modeler

The article's done along with plenty of pictures for the tutorial process on how I did the body work. Thanks for the encouragement, and support all! :smiley1: