IPMS USA Journal

Moscow

Just curious about the timing of when I receive my journal issues. I just received the Jan/Feb 2021 issue yesterday (Mar 29th) and similarly received the Nov/Dec 2020 issue in late January 2021. While it’s not a problem for most of the articles I do notice references in the Nov/Dec to “hope Santa IS good to you” and dates for the RiverCon show in the Jan/Feb issue have passed.

Is this standard practice for the journal to be a month late?

Tim

Tim,

Glad to know that the issue is out in the mail. Been waiting on it here in Hawaii and I am still waiting. But then I do live at the end of the mail line. Got my November/December issue the first week in February so am guessing it will be April before mine gets here.

Not exactly sure what the hold up is on the part of the Journal team but it must be something big. Seems that over the years the release time slips a little more with each issue.

Have a nice day and keep on building.

David Von Almen, Gentleman Modeler in paradise

Thanks David. My guess is the journal is printed overseas and the journal has fallen prey to the whole Covid can of worms. I suspect there’s not much one can do. I don’t envy the editor’s job.

Hopefully, yours will show up soon! 

Tim

Moscow, Idaho

I’m also in Hawaii (Oahu) and received my copy on Monday, so it’s probably some random thing.

Still waiting out here on the North Shore. Been a week since you got your copy Neal. Maybe today but who knows.

Tim, the Journal is not printed overseas. It is printed somewhere in the middle of the country - Wisconsin or Minnesota I think. For 16 years it was printed in Macon, Georgia (1990 to 2006) and before that it was printed in Virginia.

Have a nice day and build a model.

David Von Almen, Gentleman Modeler in Paradise

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got my copy of the January/February 2021 issue of the Journal. Thanks to the wonderful work of our IPMS/USA Office Manager, Marie, I got my replacement copy last Saturday, April 17th. Thank again Marie.

Have a nice day and build some models.

David Von Almen, Gentleman Modeler in Paradise

• 3 months later...