Aurora Moonbus to be repopped!

mightymax

Got an email from Steve CultTVMan Iverson and it was confirmed by Frank Winspur (Moebius' owner)

Moebius will be reverse engineering the original Aurora Moonbus for a March 2010 release.

All I gotta say is YES

Max Bryant

Yep, got the same message.

You can expect to see a bunch of Aurora Moonbuses on ebay between now and March.

There goes another rare kit in my inventory down the deflation chute. :smiley19: Mine is mint in the original shrink wrap and box not bent or crushed. I bought it on close-out at K-Mart almost 40 years ago. Hey, maybe Moebius will want to use it for their reverse engineering project. It could still have some value after all. Ever the optimist ...

Ed

There goes another rare kit in my inventory down the deflation chute. :smiley19: Mine is mint in the original shrink wrap and box not bent or crushed. I bought it on close-out at K-Mart almost 40 years ago. Hey, maybe Moebius will want to use it for their reverse engineering project. It could still have some value after all. Ever the optimist ...

Ed

Ed, a Mint original still wrapped is still a collectable. And at least you didn't pay $2-400 for it.

Ed

Bummer :smiley19: ...

So now, you going to build it in time for next month's Gallery ? :smiley17: ...

At the special K-Mart price, I bought two kits and built one. I liked the attempt Aurora made to make the kit look like the movie set. The cockpit instruments are especially close to the full-size ones. The front glass is wrong, but I did not read about that error until decades after building the kit. Perhaps Moebius will make the correction with the reverse engineered kit. Leave off the curved glass and replace it with flat glass against the window frames just forward of the instrument panel. Here are two photos of my 1970's build on the kit. All the paint colors are from the Railroad Colors line and applied with brushes. I did not try to paint the exterior. There were no color references in Aurora's instructions for painting the interior, and the pale blue lighting in the passenger section and red lighting in the cockpit pretty well ruined any clues from the film. So, take your best guess. Who can say you are wrong?

Ed

MoonBus1.jpg

MoonBus2.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

New here. :)

That is one fantastic kit you have there. I have not been in the 'collectors corner' for some time, but philp is right: your mib will still be a collectors item no doubt.

Thanks for posting the pics.