Ryefield Models 1/35th scale M4A3 76W HVSS Sherman

Bradley25mm

If you want an extremely detailed Sherman, this kit is a must have. The price that I paid (my wife) was well worth it. There are ALOT of parts in this kit. Because I'm going to use this one with the other two that I built in a diorama, I decided to cut open the Turret and Hull so that you can see inside. So that you can see everything , I used a multi-colored mini LED set. I've never added lighting to a model before. With the help of my son, I got a crash course in soldering. The LED's that I am using have two different colors in one "bulb". White for non-tactical, Red for tactical. The controller for the lights, has 8 different settings to choose from. (It even has one setting for Disco Tech). I'm also adding lighting in the hull.

I painted the interior Tamiya flat white. I added chipped paint (Tamiya Metallic Grey) with a torn up make up sponge. After it dried, I shot DullCoat on everything. I then applied Tamiya brown accent color to all the detail. Once it dried, I used mineral spirits to scrub away the excess wash. The engine compartment will be open with two mechanics working on it. A third mechanic will be driving a jeep with all their tools. This process has been a long one, but well worth it, I think. If anyone sees anything out of place, or incorrect, please let me know.

Chris

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

16.jpg

17.jpg

18.jpg

19.jpg

20.jpg

21.jpg

22.jpg

23.jpg

• Like 3

All that detail and working dome lights in the interior? Spectacular!!! 

Going to be a show stopper! I don’t know why others haven’t added lighting to armor before. This will be a world apart from the traditional build.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Amazing work, you should be proud!

I won a RFM Tiger 1 Initial Production kit in the raffle at Cincinatti's show this year. I haven't done an Armor piece in about 10 years, so it's intimidating.