Do 335 2-Seat Conversion Info Wanted

TonyD

I have the Airmodel vacuform conversion kit #106 that includes the 2 seat version of the Do-335 fighter that I bought in the '70's. It uses the Lindberg 1/72 kit as the basis (that I also have).

Just looking for anyone that might have made this conversion. I cut out the second seat canopy and dorsal fairing and cut a (preliminary) hole in the top of the model. My initial thoughts are that the conversion will involve more that just gluing the conversion part onto the model as the kit instructions say. The conversion part seems too wide based on photos I have of the 2-seat aircraft.

At the time, of course, the only kit available of this aircraft was the Lindberg kit, and no 2-seat version. Has anyone tried this? Thanks!

Tony, Examine that Lindbergh Do335 carefully. I once (40+ years ago) tried to do  Do 635. This was a proposed twin fuselage Do 335. It was not possible because, due to a molding error, the wing roots are at different levels when viewed from the front. Could you do it with the Dragon kit? It is much better and much more accurate. Nick Filippone