Mr Ed's First for 2021 -- A 1/72 F4H-1 Phantom II Prototype Kitbash of a Hasegawa F4B/N

TheRealMrEd

For those interested, the build thread is  HERE

Here are a few  finished pictures, of a model that I've always wanted, built by kit-bashing a 1/72 Hasegawa F4B/N Phantom II kit, that eventually used NO aftermarket parts, NO resin parts, and  NO vacuformed parts.  I only used the parts in the Hasegawa box, some decals from the spares box, and of course, some decals printed on my inkjet printer at home.  I should mention here that all the needed artwork is provided in the build thread, free for any NON-Commercial use, if you would care to try one yourself.

The pictures:

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Give one a try -- you'll like it!

Thanks for looking,

Ed

• Like 1

Phabulous work on that phirst Phantom! You certainly took the road less traveled, and I suspect your sanding arm is now twice the size of your other one. A very cool build of a seldom seen prototype...congrats! Thanks for sharing!

Gil :smiley16:

• 4 months later...

Nicely done Sir.  I bought an Aurora 1/48 F-4H and it does look like yours, with a short nose and shallow canopy.  Might have to build it.  One can't go wrong with a Hasegawa F-4 that's for sure.