Just got scheduled to get the vaccine tomorrow.  I guess I will be back to somewhat of a normal life by the end of March so I will be good to go to Las Vegas!  Looking forward to it.  Now I just have to get a model built!

• Like 1

Pete,

Great news. But remember to bring your mask. Life will be very slow getting back to anything close to normal any time soon.

Hate to bust your bubble but for the vaccine to really help there needs to be about 80% of the country vaccinated.

Have a nice day.

David Von Almen, Gentle Modeler in Paradise

• Like 1
4 hours ago, PeteJ said:

Just got scheduled to get the vaccine tomorrow.  I guess I will be back to somewhat of a normal life by the end of March so I will be good to go to Las Vegas!  Looking forward to it.  Now I just have to get a model built!

Cool! I still have to see if that’s the same time my son is back to college.  Kills me to possibly miss.  But I guess it’s either help wifey take son to school or look for a kind soul with a futon... ;)

Just remember the phrase "easy walk to the strip" is relative. In August, in Las Vegas, it is like walking from Benghazi to Tobruk.🙂

See everyone there. 

Dak

• Haha 1
On 1/30/2021 at 5:19 PM, dvonalmen said:

Pete,

Great news. But remember to bring your mask. Life will be very slow getting back to anything close to normal any time soon.

Hate to bust your bubble but for the vaccine to really help there needs to be about 80% of the country vaccinated.

Have a nice day.

David Von Almen, Gentle Modeler in Paradise

Not sure what bubble you are busting.  I am not relying on "herd immunity" occurring  before the convention.  I am saying that the vaccination brings the probabilities of becoming ill down to an acceptable level for me to attend a mass gathering such as this. 

Being vaccinated means two things to me.  One, my chance of contracting the virus even after being exposed will be down to 5% or less.  The second thing is that by being vaccinated, even if I contract the virus, the effects will be drastically reduced.  

I also doubt that mask requirement will go away just because we have 80% of the country vaccinated.  When the new cases drop to a statistically insignificant level, then I expect they will be dropped.  Until then, if required, I will comply no matter how safe I feel.  That means brining my three layer mask with me every time I go out. 

Edited by PeteJ

I find it amusing that last summer----before they cancelled the national---I was saying they should require people to wear masks. People told me I was stupid and crazy. I got my second shop Monday, But I still wear a mask and will keep doing so.

Dak

I just hope this is over by August.

Long term mask wearing is hard on me, so I generally take mine on/off as I can.  Guess I need to go on Amazon and get a vented mask.

Either way, I have a room and will make the long drive to Vegas.

Masks aren't a big deal for me. I have several different ones I switch out plus some disposable ones for emergencies. My favorite is the WWI German lozenge pattern. The PRC flag also gets a lot of looks, too.

My local club went to a mask mandate early on and keep a contact list. No problems.

Dak

I am planning to be there as well.  Should have my immunizations by then.  I hope.

There are two sour notes, however.  First -- based upon my State's abysmal performance and abysmal predictions, my wife is not likely to have her shots.  Second, another convention I usually attend was already delayed a year.  It is scheduled two weeks before the Nats but is evaluating another year's delay.  Because of the financial risks if attendance is not close to pre-Wuhan normal.

In short, things had better get better ... fast.

On 2/4/2021 at 1:31 PM, DaSWO said:

Guess I need to go on Amazon and get a vented mask.

Ummmm......🙄🙄🙄