The Duke's First Models for 2021

Mark Deliduka

Well, despite many issues and setbacks, as well as a delay from spending time with Family in Florida, I managed to pull these seven armor models over the finish line; just squeaking them in before February hit. Here they are in no particular order. All of these are in 1/72 scale....  of course.

S-Models M5 Stuart light tank:

full

full

full

This was done in fictitious markings due to losing the original kit decals. Gonna have to find them if I plan on building the second one in this kit and make it French.

Airfix M551 Sheridan light tank in Fort Knox Armor School markings:

full

full

full

This one can also be classified as a Shelf Queen finally completed as I started this at least two or three years ago.

S-Models Australian Turreted M-113 APC:

full

full

full

I love the Snoopy on this one.

Trumpeter Russian BTR-70 Early:

full

full

full

This vehicle wasn't a Guards vehicle originally, but I decided to take some creative liberties and promote it to a Guards vehicle.

Trumpeter BTR-70 Late:

full

full

full

ACE Ukrainian BTR-3K Anti-tank Vehicle:

full

full

full

This one has the digital camouflage decals. They were quite easy to put on, easier than some of the assembly I had to do.

And finally my Dragon/Corporal Overby Conversion kitbash of the Israeli M-51 Sherman:

full

full

full

This one gave me extreme difficulties when it came to getting the bogies glued in and lined up properly. You can see how difficult it was by how badly I failed. I also took a little liberty adding the .30 caliber machine gun to the turret. I figured the Israelis would have done that at least once.

Okay, those are my first seven models finished for the year. They aren't the best I've done but they are done and on the shelf.

Thanks for looking in, comments are always welcome.

• Like 1

High speed/ low drag!!! Mark you just blow me away at how quick you build and how well they all turn out. Awesome models buddy!! 

• 2 weeks later...

Love this batch of builds Mark. You can never go wrong with Snoopy. And the BTRs are killer!