Any good Hobby Shops in the Minneapolis area?

Scooter

Hi all. Can anyone recommend hobby shops in the Minneapolis area? I am heading that way for a few days work next week. I recall from a while back that there was a "Classic" type hobby shop called (I think) "Richland hobbies"... does that still exist? Any others that have old kits, decals... you know, like a non-corporate type..

Thanks in advance.

Adam

• 3 weeks later...

I just joined the forum so sorry if I missed getting this to you soon enough.

We have a number of fine stores in the area a lot depends on what you are looking for and what area you are in. There are three stores I will recommend for plastic models. The first two are the same store with different locations - Hub Hobby, the have a store in Richfield (Penn Ave & 64th Avenue) and Little Canada (Rice Street and Minnesota Avenue). They have a website with more detailed directions. Both locations are well stocked with kits and supplies and have knowledgeable staffs. The other location is called Scale Model Supplies (nicknamed "The Dungeon" because it's in a basement) in St. Paul on Lexington and University Avenues. The have a huge selection as well but they also have a number of consignment kits of OOP models as well. Any of the three are worth the drive.

Hope you enjoyed your stay!

Thank you - Yes, I got to Hub Hobby and Scale Model Supplies. I enjoyed Scale Model Supplies especially, with the old kits, and definitely that "old model shop" effect. Good to know I hit the right places.

Regards

AC