General Lee....ish Charger

When I started this build I had no intention of building the General Lee as everyone knows it. I am a Charger fan long before I am a "Dukes" fan but still like the look of the General Lee so I hope I don't hurt any GL purists out there looking on.spacer.png  I built one as a kid and have always wanted to have a second shot at it. Only this time I got to add my own touches to it. I started with the stance. I didn't like the high stance of the Lee at all so I set out lowering a bit all the way around. I also went with wider wheels from the AMT Eckler Corvette kit and used a set of tires(which I turned into Bf G's by way of decals ) from the Revell Challenger T/A kit so I could have a more aggressive look. Secondly, if I had one of these it only makes sense to have opening doors....hence the door handles. Third, I love the looks of the 69 Charger R/T grille.....a true testament to the aggressive looking front ends of the time so I opted to show the R/T grille unobstructed by not installing the grille guard up front. Just couldn't do it guys. Lastly, the GL is NOT an R/T which I simply could not have. If I'm going to build a Charger then it's gonna be an R/T and it's gonna have a 440 and not a 383. You're also not going to find a roll bar or CB radio inside. I love the looks of a factory interior in any car and have always liked the Charger interiors in particular so I couldn't "spoil" any of that.

The kit is from Revell. Paint is Testors "Go-Mango" lacquer with Testors "Wet Look" clear. Decals are from the MPC GL kit which was really the only visible part that I took from that kit. The front and rear license plate decals came from Thomas Logan at Speedway Decals. The OOB exhaust tips sucked so I replaced them with aluminum rod cut to length as well as bevel cut and polished. All scripts and details are from the Model Car Garage PE set for the Revell kit. 

AiSsXG.jpg

waKLkR.jpg

Zqkwec.jpg

Edited by mustang1989

7 hours ago, MWS said:

Very, very nice. Look like you could get in and drive. I built one when I was a kid, and if I remember correctly MPC did it 1/16 scale.  What scale is your kit

Thanks Mark. I built the 1/25 scale MPC version myself as a kid. This one here is the Revell 1/25 scale Pro Modeler Charger kit using the decals from an MPC General Lee offering. I was going to build the MPC version till I looked closer at the kit. It just simply no comparison to the Revell kit. Light years ahead of the MPC in terms of detail, fit.....hell everything

Edited by mustang1989

• 2 weeks later...

I agree. Very, very nice. Never built the General but did like the TV show.

Have a nice day.

David Von Almen, Gentleman Modeler in Paradise

• Thanks 1