IPMS Journal issue due?

luv2bld

Just curious if anybody has received any issues of the Journal after the July/August issue. I know it doesn't show one after that on the website but I would think we should have one or two more by now. I just want to make sure I have no issues missing. 

Thanks in advance for any reply's about this. 

Rocky

I received the September/October issue a couple months ago.  Not sure what's happening.  Hope 1 of the guys on the e board will have an answer.

A FB post to the IPMS/USA FB page from Marie, the IPMS Office Manager, on January 6, 2021 reads:

"IPMS/USA Journal V32J6, November/December issue is at our printer. Thank you for your membership and patience. Hope everyone stays safe and healthy during these trying times. Let's hope 2021 is better for everyone."

• Thanks 1

I finally got my Sept/Oct issue of the Journal here in Hawaii a few days before Thanksgiving. Since I do not do Face Book I have to rely on the forum for news on the mailing of the Journal. From the look of Marie's FB post of Jan. 6th I am guessing that the Nov/Dec 2020 issue will be in Hawaii some time in February or early March - about the time I would be looking for the Jan/Feb 2021 issue. 

Guess Covid has slowed down everyone.

Have a nice day.

David Von Almen, Gentleman Modeler in the islands

Like most who have posted here, the Sept/Oct issue came in pretty much normal time.  All I can suggest is patience.  Between Covid-19, all the political furor and the postal service being overloaded  with stimulus checks, we're about to the point of just being glad when anything shows up, no matter how long it takes!  Case in point, there's a fascinating camera mount that I would love to have...and it's cheap, too.  Only $35.00...but you order from the manufacturer in England and because they can't ship from England because of the lockdowns.  Instead, they ship from their fulfillment center in China with a projected transit time of 25 days...which could end up being almost anything.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

My November/December 2020 issue arrived in the mail yesterday.

• Like 1

Haven't seen mine yet. I can wait tho. Amazing Figure Modeler completely stopped printing their magazine. That one was one of my favorites!

David, thanks for the FB update from Marie.

• Like 1

Amazing Figure Modeler HAS NOT stopped making their magazine. They are going digital for several reasons. First is their loss of distribution like newstands and stores which are not open in many parts of the country. Second, is cost. Will have a new issue out soon

Dave

26 minutes ago, dmorrissette said:

Amazing Figure Modeler HAS NOT stopped making their magazine. They are going digital for several reasons. First is their loss of distribution like newstands and stores which are not open in many parts of the country. Second, is cost. Will have a new issue out soon

Dave

AFM has stopped printing the magazine. The last print issue was #70.

Bob,

Check their Facebook page.  Issue 71 will be all digital.  They're still in business and...unless everyone abandons them...will continue to be.  But you are correct that the print version is dead.

• Thanks 1

I checked the AFM site, FB page, and emailed them. That's what I figured was the reason for the delay in schedule of the IPMS journal. The pandemic is affecting everything.

And what most people don't realize is that the pandemic will continue to cause changes...and many of those changes we won't like one bit...even after vaccines become widely available. 

Well it is January 30th and the Nov/Dec issue of the Journal has still not made it to the islands. Guess I will get it someday.

Have a nice day and build a model cause we aren't out of the woods yet.

David Von Almen, Gentleman modeler in the islands

16 hours ago, dvonalmen said:

Well it is January 30th and the Nov/Dec issue of the Journal has still not made it to the islands. Guess I will get it someday.

Got my copy a couple of days ago. Patience, Grasshopper.

The OP may be talking about the "Latest Issue" posted on the IPMS home page,  May/June issue with McFadden's redneck houseboat on the cover.   I have received two issues since that one, the latest just this week.

20 hours ago, dvonalmen said:

My friend, you live in paradise. Go catch some waves, enjoy the island life, and your issue will arrive. All in good island time. Aloha.

Well the issue arrived yesterday, February 6th. Another nice issue. 

BTW Carlos, I don't "catch" waves. At my age that is an accident waiting to happen - drowning is bad but a broken hip last a lifetime. But I do go down to the beach everyday to enjoy the wonderful scenery. By down to the beach I refer to the fact that our house is 700 feet above sea level on mountain along the North Shore. We can see the ocean from our deck just not the beach, which is 2 miles away.

As for island time, I know all too well about that. Had it explained to me by a worker that took 9 weeks to finish a 2 week (on the mainland) project. It is called Hawaiian Time here and it means "we will get to it when we get to it!"

Okay I will go work on one of the many modeling projects I have on my workbench. Have a nice day.

David Von Almen, Gentleman Modeler in Paradise

David, I’m glad to hear that your Journal issue has finally arrived. I’m with you on being too old to be challenging the surf there, but once upon a time, oh yeah. Nowadays I’m much happier to be snorkeling in calmer waters and looking at the fish along a reef. I know there are limitations to island life, and quirks such as island time, but you could be living in far worse places.