1978 Dodge D100

MWS

My girls got this for me Christmas. I lowered the ride height and modified the exhaust. The paint is Tamiya flat aluminum, the black is Testors gloss black acrylic, and several coats of Tamiya clear. Please excuse the paint I suck at airbrushing.

PXL_20210114_004348454.jpg

PXL_20210114_004415507.jpg

PXL_20210114_004536031.jpg

PXL_20210111_235934602.jpg

• Like 1

Mark,

Thanks for sharing. Glad to see someone building models during these crazy times. I am trying to get some stuff finished but like you my painting is not the best plus I live on an island where it rains almost everyday this time of year. I am having to learn new techniques in the paint area. But as the old saying goes - Practice makes perfect.

Keep on building. Have a nice day.

David Von Almen, Gentleman Modeler in the islands

2 hours ago, dvonalmen said:

Mark,

Thanks for sharing. Glad to see someone building models during these crazy times. I am trying to get some stuff finished but like you my painting is not the best plus I live on an island where it rains almost everyday this time of year. I am having to learn new techniques in the paint area. But as the old saying goes - Practice makes perfect.

Keep on building. Have a nice day.

David Von Almen, Gentleman Modeler in the islands

You are most welcome David.  I am currently working on a 67 GTO.  But shelved it after paint issues.  I will sand and try again.  I am thinking about a ship diorama but I don’t think I will be any good at dioramas or waterline models.

On 1/13/2021 at 7:01 PM, MWS said:

My girls got this for me Christmas. I lowered the ride height and modified the exhaust. The paint is Tamiya flat aluminum, the black is Testors gloss black acrylic, and several coats of Tamiya clear. Please excuse the paint I suck at airbrushing.

You're doin' alright Mark so don't worry about what people are thinkin'. You're sharing and while doing so you're gonna get better at this. Negative self talk will turn into a negative self perceived outcome every time. Just do what you're doing, ask questions, watch others and learn. You WILL get better with every passing build. 

That truck looks great man.