SQUADRON MAY BE DEFUNCT

Dakimbrell

Richard, with a couple of these A-37 kits in my stash, I'll buy a copy no matter how you publish it! I developed a fondness for the SuperTweet when I would watch "The Boys From Syracuse" do touch & gos at Hancock Field way back when.

Have fun modeling!

Mike 

Yes, we should consider MMD Holdings, LLC (Squadron) to be finished.  It's a Chapter 7 bankruptcy, which means they intend to liquidate,
not restructure.  You may follow the progress of the case here:  https://www.inforuptcy.com/browse-filings/texas-northern-bankruptcy-court/3:21-bk-30105/bankruptcy-case-mmd-holdings-llc

If you feel that they owe you something, you can think about submitting a creditor's claim in that case.  If it's a big claim, you'd probably want an attorney to
help you with it.  Any claim needs to be written on the right kind of form.

Edited by spruesome
Additional info.

On 1/13/2021 at 9:24 PM, Dakimbrell said:

Yes, I truly enjoyed the store in Chicago and later in DC. I miss them.

Dak

I used to enjoy visiting the Squadron Elmhurst Illinois store after it joined Al's Hobby in the area ( I shopped at Al's from 1969 until it closed in 2014 ; also put out of business by mail order. 😭)

Unlikely I will be buying any more kits in stores or on line as I realize that I have far more than I can ever hope to build at my present rate.

I haven't ordered from these guys since about 5  years ago. Service sucked then and I never gave them any more chances. I'm not surprised at all that this happened.

Edited by mustang1989

Another indication of where they were going was when they 'reformuated' Squadron White Stuff to the point that it became useless.  Allegedly it was the manufacturer's fault, but.....

2 minutes ago, ipmsusa2 said:

Another indication of where they were going was when they 'reformuated' Squadron White Stuff to the point that it became useless.  Allegedly it was the manufacturer's fault, but.....

Right???!!!! 

I was really done with them when they started "selling" the flyer as a magazine. That.....pretty much cut my ties with them when they did that because I did still buy from them here and there before they tried that. I liked the flyer but I wasn't going to pay for it.

I think when they started trying to charge for the flyer they totally screwed up. Why pay for the flyer when you can go on line and see what’s new for free?

Well, that lasted about two months before they started sending them out again for free, but I bet they lost a lot of old, loyal customers from that. 

Dak

Bottom line is that the last few years....especially the last couple or three years....allows Squadron to be used as a classic example of "How to destroy a business in  insert number here easy steps."

Kind of ironic about Squadron as  Covid-19 lock downs prompted even more people to buy on-line.

Since March last year I have watched on-line bid prices of almost everything ranging from second hand model kits of almost every type;  medium format and large format film cameras;  silver face 1970s stereos,  Reel 2 Reel and cassette decks with prices seeming to go crazy compared to the low pre-lock down days- and with no apparent end in sight.

Edited by cheveuxroux
added info

As I've posted elsewhere, I stopped ordering from Squadron about a decade ago.  Up until then, Squadron was my primary source.  As a casual consumer, I got weary of dealing with the common notification --- "Out of Stock".  After that, I did look at their site about a half-dozen times ... desperately looking for an item.  In each case, it was out of stock.

Edited by Highlander