Plastice Soldier Company, 1/72, Sexton 25 pdr SPG

Ron Bell

This is actually a war game miniature and you get three in one box. They say it's 1/72 but next to other 1/72 Sherman tank kits (I know the RAM was it's basis), it's huge! The suspension and tracks are one-piece assemblies, but with the exception of the guide horns not being correct, they are very nice. The gun mount is very simplified as well so I reworked the gun mount adding a gun sight and the control wheels and a gunner's seat. I also added an instrument panel for the driver. And by the way, you get a complete crew and the figures are pretty well done, if a bit plump, but I didn't use them all as it would have been very crowded in there. I also drilled out the gun barrel and muzzle brake, cut open the driver's viewing hatch and replaced it from the spares box and removed the slab molded-on handles on the side and replaced them with wire. The stowage comes in the kit. No decals are provided and I did not have any appropriate ones, so if I do find some later, I'll add them on. I was surprised how nice it looks for a war-game miniature and wouldn't mind trying another of their kits. 

PXL_20210103_152841529.jpg

PXL_20210103_152902268.jpg

PXL_20210103_152916783.jpg

• Like 1