TheRealMrEd's Wild Ride In 2020

TheRealMrEd

Hello again, seems like only a few days ago that I was writing up last year's build log.  Time flies!  But, I was determined to make the best of this rather trying year...

Anyway, here are this years completed models, although a couple were shelf queens from yesteryear.  First up, the Lift Here Models Piper PA-58 -- last of the Mustangs:

spacer.png

For those interested, the build thread is HERE

Next up, the first Great Blue Whale, the XA3D-1 conversion of the Hasegawa A3B:

spacer.png

XA3D-1 Build Thread HERE

Next up, the Wingnuts Models XP-72 resin kit:

spacer.png

XP-72 Build Thread HERE

Next up, a more ambitious project, the kit-bash of the Academy P-47D Razorbaxk into the XP-47B prototype:

spacer.png

XP-47B Build Thread HERE

Next up, another resin kit, the LF Models Curtiss XP-42, a variation of the P-36/P-40 family:

spacer.png

XP-42 Build Thread HERE

Next, another LF Models resin kit, this time the Curtiss XP-31 Swift:

spacer.png

More XP-31 Photos HERE

spacer.png

XF-91 Build Thread HERE

Another resin kit, this time the Anigrand Bell XP-83:

spacer.png

XP-83 Build Thread HERE

And last one for the year, a kit-bash of the Academy P-47D Razorback into an XP-47J Superbolt:

spacer.png

XP-47J Build Thread HERE

Not a lot of models this year, but some welcome additions to the collection.  For those interested, the pertinent articles contain custom artwork that you are free to use for any non-commercial purpose.

Thanks for looking,

Ed

•  

"Dispensing the Tribal Wisdom since before there WAS a Tribe!"

Wow! Those are some very cool and rarely built subjects! Nine builds, especially with all of the conversion work and the limited run kits (that are much harder to build), is quite an accomplishment in my book. Congrats, and thanks for sharing! Looking forward to 2021!

Gil :smiley16:

You’ve had a good productive year Mr Ed. Well done! 

To quote Mr. Ed, "Time Flies", and so do all the great aircraft models pictured above! Well done!