Looking for a specific Testors Model Kit

Gregsed56

Hi - In a long-shot attempt, I am reaching out to the membership, in trying to locate a certain model kit: Testor's Roswell UFO No. 556 1:48 scale. If anyone has this kit unbuilt and are willing to part with it, I would truly be interested in purchasing. Thank you & happy modelling!!!

ETSY has one for $39. Googling this kit turns up a few more, but the price mostly goes up from there. Someone on Google has a group of Sci-Fi kits including this UFO kit for $35., but not as pristine, as far as I can tell. Nick Filippone 

Hi - Thanks a million. I did finally find it. Unfortunately, it's not the one I was looking for. I'm looking for the other Testors Roswell kit No. 556. The one you pointed me too is No. 555.

Once again...thanks a million for your time & effort. I really appreciate it!!!

Stay safe...happy modelling 

• 5 months later...

I remembered your post and while checking my stash I came across The Roswell UFO kit which I bought in Roswell, NM in 1996 at the 50th anniversary of  whatever happened that day.  Unfortunately it is kit no. 555.  Sigh. Anyway here's a photo of Testor's display at Roswell.  It was a very unusual and fun event with media from all over the world.  All one had to do was paint a donkey with green paint and you would be published worldwide.

Roswll_UFO_5July97_F100_CP9707E_015©.jpg

Roswell 1996.jpg

Hi David - Thanks a million for the pics. I really appreciate it. I bet you did have a GREAT time there...I remember the event, but I was working at the fire dept. at that time and my Chief wouldn't approve my leave to attend. Oh well...such is life. Glad to say I'm retired now after putting almost 30 years in the fire service.

Thanks again

take care...stay safe

Greg

22 hours ago, Gregsed56 said:

Hi David - Thanks a million for the pics. I really appreciate it. I bet you did have a GREAT time there...I remember the event, but I was working at the fire dept. at that time and my Chief wouldn't approve my leave to attend. Oh well...such is life. Glad to say I'm retired now after putting almost 30 years in the fire service.

Thanks again

take care...stay safe

Greg

Ha!  Yes indeed.  If you ever saw the movie Contact with Jodie Foster there is a scene celebrating the event and it was exactly like that in Roswell.  In this YouTube video the scene starts at 1:40.  

The couple in the photo were offering hypnotic help for those that had been abducted.  

Roswell_UFO_5July97_F100_CP9707G_012_©-4x6.jpg

• 3 weeks later...