Matchbox 1/76 Renault Ft-17

Ron Bell

This is from the dual kit with the Char B1 bis. Before the accuracy police get started, I know it's a WW 2 version, and I know that there were many small and some large changes from the WW 1 versions and that this kit has been called to account for inaccuracies and it's very name has been questioned. However, in general, it looks more like an Ft-17 than anything else on my shelf and fills a hole in my WW 1 collection. I know there are other kits of it out there, but not any to which I have access, so this will have to do. That all being said, it's actually a nice little kit to build, if a bit fiddly getting the hull together in alignment and with no seams. The detail is typical Matchbox in that what there is, is kind of 'mushy' or heavy handed. I added all the tools and the jack from the spares box to busy it up and the camouflage is from a photo I found on the internet. When done, it measures about 2.5 inches long and I think it makes a rather pleasing little model. 

PXL_20201227_145459895~2.jpg

PXL_20201227_145520681~2.jpg

PXL_20201227_145935220~2.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Looks fine by me. I don’t know squat about the FT-17 aside from the fact that they existed and were essentially the first “modern” tank with a rotating turret. The camo looks good, and if it looks good on your display shelf, and fills a gap in your collection, what more does one need?