What's Your Favorite Sf Or Fantasy Tv Series?

papasmurf

Garth Dude? Who are ya? Wayne?

We're not worthy, we're not worthy. WAYNE'S WORLD, WAYNE'S WORLD ... Party on.

No problem, just be a bit "diplomatic" in voicing it. I have to be that way to be an effective Mod here, I'm only asking you be a little bit more "mellow" about it, Garth-Dude. :huh:

Your honest opinion, and enthusiasm, are noted, however! ^_^

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nah, I just call all my friends, name-dude, it's a little "thing" I do, no sense or reason to it, silly huh?

:smiley2: And it's, "Party on Dude"....hehehehe...... :smiley4:

That's so 80s. I LOVE it.

Nah, I just call all my friends, name-dude, it's a little "thing" I do, no sense or reason to it, silly huh?

:smiley2: And it's, "Party on Dude"....hehehehe...... :smiley4:

"Stuck in my time" sort of thing....after the 90's, I didn't care anymore..... :smiley20:

My favorites are, somewhat in order:

1. Babylon 5

2. Stargate SG-1

3. Firefly/Serenity

4. Farscape

5. The Prisoner

6. Dr. Who (both old and new series)

7. Star Trek - TOS

8. Dark Shadows

Michael

My favorites are, somewhat in order:

1. Babylon 5

2. Stargate SG-1

3. Firefly/Serenity

4. Farscape

5. The Prisoner

6. Dr. Who (both old and new series)

7. Star Trek - TOS

8. Dark Shadows

Michael

Awesome choices mjbare!!!! Not only did you mention "The Prisoner", one of my all time Fav's, but reminded me of "Dark Shadows"! So long agooooo.....

That was an awesome show, and often funny if something went wrong, as it was taped live!!

They had a tiny production budget, like the old Dr.Who, but accomplished a really good story anyways!!

Great stuff!! :smiley15:

DarkShadowsFrontCover.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I'll show my age. I watched Rocky Jones on Saturday mornings. Loved the count down sound before the ship took off. Oh, and I had a crush on Vena (?) the chick in the pre-Star Trek short skirt uniform.

Also enjoyed a series that was supposedly about real space called, I believe, Man in Space (?). Starred William Lundigan. Was about 'real' space missions. I have no idea why I remember his name. Was on around the time of the early Mercury/Gemini missions I believe.

And the capper was Superman! I can't tell you how much I ran around the backyard with a dish towel tucked in the back of my shirt making swooshing sounds and practicing that jumping take off of his.

Those were wonderful shows Ron, good TV is timeless! I used to go nuts, on the old BW "Flash Gordon" series, loved that as well!

Very nice choices, the "Golden Age" of television SF, in my humble opinion. :smiley20:

supermancast.jpg

• 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Over here in the UK I can remember the Prisoner well.

There were some TV series however that were quite scary in their time (this was back in the 1950's and 1960's.)

The Quatermass Experiment and Quatermass and the Pit come to mind and the Trollenberg Terror.

Doomwatch was also a good series. I don't know if these were ever screened in the USA.

Quatermass and the Pit was also made into a movie by Hammer (of Chistopher Lee Dracula fame) Films.

The Quatermass Experiment was remade for TV a few years ago, but did'nt scare me like the old TV series did.

• 8 months later...

In this order:

Star Trek

X-Files

Outer Limits (Original)

Tony

Top 3 in no particular order:

Babylon 5

Best written Sci Fi that got to execute it's planned story arcs more or less intact. Great characters with compelling story arcs with payoffs years later.

Battlestar Galactica (new version)

Almost undone by the last episode, but the show had incredible well written stories and complex characters with enough great battles and conflicts to keep you hooked. The show is on BBC America weekly again and it is as good in reruns as it was originally--maybe even better because you don't have to wait for huge gaps from season to season. Of course I have the DVD sets and have watched them at least 2 times through as well.

Lost

Here is one I haven't seen in anyone's list. Also almost undone by a badly received finale, but upon watching it again, it finally did make sense. This is a show that I really miss now that it isn't on anymore and it is almost better watching it again when you know what to look for.