What's Your Favorite Sf Or Fantasy Tv Series?

papasmurf

AAAWWWRRRight! Enough of this Tomfoolery.....back to the topic, who's got a fav.....? :smiley25:

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Time Tunnel? NEVER heard of that one.

Enjoyed Quantum Leap until the later seasons, got to be too much ...

I'll play along...

1. Star Trek TOS

2. Quantum Leap

3. The Time Tunnel

An Irwin Allen Classic, excellent choice! For all sorts of data on this Show, and many topics of interest to Irwin Allen fans got to http://www.iann.net/models/index.htm and tell Jet, that Papa Smurf, sent you, she's the "Holy Grail" on Time Tunnel and many other IA related stuff!! :smiley20:

timetunnel.jpg

Flipping channels last night and saw Quantum Leap. I would add that to my list also. In the fantasy area of television shows I would throw in The Muppet Show.

Eric

Loved the Muppet Show! Great sets and props, lots of awesome model making in that show!

the-muppet-show.jpg

I've always been a sci-fi fan with Star Trek TOS as my childhood favorite. Captain Scarlet and Land of the Lost were other Saturday morning favorites. Who can forget Marshll, Will & Holly on a routine expedition...

Other sci-fi TV shows I liked and never missed:

Farscape

Babylon 5

Battlestar Galactica (new series)

X-Files

I've always been a sci-fi fan with Star Trek TOS as my childhood favorite. Captain Scarlet and Land of the Lost were other Saturday morning favorites. Who can forget Marshll, Will & Holly on a routine expedition...

Other sci-fi TV shows I liked and never missed:

Farscape

Babylon 5

Battlestar Galactica (new series)

X-Files

Good choices! I remember "Land of the Lost" so "cheesy", but great fun on a Saturday morning! There's B5 again, great show, and already seems to be a very popular choice so far. I'm with you on BSG, that last episode has got me wondering, "What the heck happens now?"

And, ooooh, X-Files! Gotta see that new movie, in my "Top Ten", watched it religiously in it's prime! :smiley20:

the-x-files.485999.jpg

The early X Files were good.

Good choices! I remember "Land of the Lost" so "cheesy", but great fun on a Saturday morning! There's B5 again, great show, and already seems to be a very popular choice so far. I'm with you on BSG, that last episode has got me wondering, "What the heck happens now?"

And, ooooh, X-Files! Gotta see that new movie, in my "Top Ten", watched it religiously in it's prime! :smiley20:

the-x-files.485999.jpg

Sweet! Here are my favs, all have been mentioned before.

1) Firefly

2) Babylon 5

3) Space 1999

And my Honorable Mention, for the cool ships in them:

Buck Rogers back in the seventies.

Loved the ships, and the space battles. HATED that stupid Twiki robot!!

Same here Mark - but that was the '80s, ... I watched it in my dorm room ... LOVED Erin Gray and Pamela Hensley.

1) Firefly

2) Babylon 5

3) Space 1999

1) Firefly

2) Babylon 5

3) Space 1999

Good choices, Buck Rogers had some good Ships, but too much a "Kid" oriented story-line for my taste.

You already know that I liked "Firefly", off the wall and a darn good plot!

Good old reliable B5, again, and one of my "Top Ten" Space 1999! Loved that show, very cool choice :smiley20: Mark!!

rescue.jpg

Yeah, me too! SG is pretty good, and "Enterprise" didn't do well financially, but thise 2 episodes of "Through a Mirror Darkly" were awesome! Good choices smokinguns! :smiley14:

startrek2.jpg

Yeah, I have very fond memories of Space 1999. Back then I was ten, and not allowed to stay up past 8:30 at night. Except on Fridays when Space 1999 was on. My mom would let me stay up to watch it (it started at 10:00 PM) and she and I would enjoy it together. Good times.

Sounds nice, better times, less weirdness in the world then, more clear cut who the "bad" guys were. Now it's a frakkin' mess.

Oh,....how I miss the 70's! :smiley22:

My TOP 3 favorites have all been mentioned;

#1 Quantum Leap

#2 Farscape

#3 B5

But to add one for pure indulgence, I'd say

Knight Rider

Pontiac fan through and through, yet watching the show now, TOO CHEESY!!!

LOL

Kevin

To Simon -

B5? No way, that was the stupidest show I've ever seen. That Bruce Willis wannabe as the Security Chief?

As for ENTERPRISE - the reason why it failed was the top exec at CBS didn't want to do it any more and he wanted it gone ... no matter what the fans wanted. Ya know what is so funny - when a TV exec says some show isn't economical to produce any more - even though it is popular - i.,e.: ENTERPRISE and FIREFLY ... it cracks me up; don't they get that fans drive their industry and if we boycott their network because they did something so boneheadedly stupid ... it'll hurt their bottom lines? Apparently not.

I mean I'd rather see an ENTERPRISE or a FIREFLY rather than realty TV show after realty TV show ...

The fact that they did a FIREFLY movie a few years ago and that it did reasonably well sort of proves my point.

My TOP 3 favorites have all been mentioned;

#1 Quantum Leap

#2 Farscape

#3 B5

But to add one for pure indulgence, I'd say

Knight Rider

Pontiac fan through and through, yet watching the show now, TOO CHEESY!!!

LOL

Kevin

To Simon -

B5? No way, that was the stupidest show I've ever seen. That Bruce Willis wannabe as the Security Chief?

As for ENTERPRISE - the reason why it failed was the top exec at CBS didn't want to do it any more and he wanted it gone ... no matter what the fans wanted. Ya know what is so funny - when a TV exec says some show isn't economical to produce any more - even though it is popular - i.,e.: ENTERPRISE and FIREFLY ... it cracks me up; don't they get that fans drive their industry and if we boycott their network because they did something so boneheadedly stupid ... it'll hurt their bottom lines? Apparently not.

I mean I'd rather see an ENTERPRISE or a FIREFLY rather than realty TV show after realty TV show ...

The fact that they did a FIREFLY movie a few years ago and that it did reasonably well sort of proves my point.

Hey Garth, do me a small favor, lighten up, nothing here is "stupid" OK?

I liked B5's "Shadow Wars" set of episodes, and thought they were very well written.

On "Knight Rider", "The Car was the Star"... :smiley20:

And if you notice, since the show, Cars have a lot of Kitt's stuff as "standard" options. :smiley24:

The show's popularity obviously influenced Car-Makers thoughts, on what we all had in mind for the future of Vehicles. GPS, Computer linkage, Automated and Voice-activated systems, all stuff "Kitt" had, kind of more than a "coincidence" don't you think? :excl:

I never really "got into" Quantum Leap, just never grabbed me, but it had a load of fans.

I enjoyed "Farscape", but always felt like, I had missed some part of the plot, like I was not fully informed on all that was going on. Excellent effects, and the Creatures were wonderful though!

farscape_sm.jpg

Oh, OK. I was just voicing my opinion ... but never mind.

I've heard that the original KITT is currently in the Gumball Rally 3000. I know this because a friend of mine has a Corvette Z-06 (new - 505hp) in that race now ... I got a ride in it a week before he took it out to CA for the rally. She's fast ...

Hey Garth, do me a small favor, lighten up, nothing here is "stupid" OK?

I liked B5's "Shadow Wars" set of episodes, and thought they were very well written.

On "Knight Rider", "The Car was the Star"... :smiley20:

And if you notice, since the show, Cars have a lot of Kitt's stuff as "standard" options. :smiley24:

The show's popularity obviously influenced Car-Makers thoughts, on what we all had in mind for the future of Vehicles. GPS, Computer linkage, Automated and Voice-activated systems, all stuff "Kitt" had, kind of more than a "coincidence" don't you think? :excl:

I never really "got into" Quantum Leap, just never grabbed me, but it had a load of fans.

I enjoyed "Farscape", but always felt like, I had missed some part of the plot, like I was not fully informed on all that was going on. Excellent effects, and the Creatures were wonderful though!

farscape_sm.jpg

No problem, just be a bit "diplomatic" in voicing it. I have to be that way to be an effective Mod here, I'm only asking you be a little bit more "mellow" about it, Garth-Dude. :huh:

Your honest opinion, and enthusiasm, are noted, however! ^_^